And the Hip Leave out Newfoundland.

chris05chris05 Posts: 347
edited October 2006 in Other Music
Oh yes once again one of my favorite bands decide not to come here on their tour. I must say when i got the email about 2 mins ago i was really pissed off to see that the hips Canadian tour ends in Toronto.

But when bands leave us out i just always think of how PJ came here on their Canadian tour and that is why i love them so much.
Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• moeaholicmoeaholic Posts: 535
    you ever see great big sea?
    "PC Load Letter?! What the fuck does that mean?"
    ~Michael Bolton
  • civ_eng_girlciv_eng_girl Posts: 2,001
    looks like they left out the whole east coast... :confused: :(
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • ...and vancouver, calgary, montreal, and quebec city...

i would have to say there will be dates added. i can't recall a tour where they didn't come out here.

i'll patiently wait for more dates to be announced...:)
  • funkymonkfunkymonk Posts: 279
    Yeah, I would definitely think that more dates will be released. I can't see them leaving out that many areas in Canada.
  • murph83murph83 Posts: 122
    chris05 wrote:
    Oh yes once again one of my favorite bands decide not to come here on their tour. I must say when i got the email about 2 mins ago i was really pissed off to see that the hips Canadian tour ends in Toronto.

But when bands leave us out i just always think of how PJ came here on their Canadian tour and that is why i love them so much.

that can't be the whole tour...i'm sure they will make it here..*crosses fingers
  • direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    Paul and Robby just did an online chat on Canoe.ca. They said that if you don't see your city on the upcoming winter tour, don't worry, because they'll be doing festivals next summer and will play some of the towns they skipped in January, including the East Coast.
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • how do i not know about this i am so out of the loop....when do they play toronto and why is it that i thought i had to drive all the way to hamilton to see them ... hummm ....
    dream like your living forever
    live like your dying today
  • civ_eng_girlciv_eng_girl Posts: 2,001
    how do i not know about this i am so out of the loop....when do they play toronto and why is it that i thought i had to drive all the way to hamilton to see them ... hummm ....

lol! are you sitting down?

they're playing Barrie Molson Centre!! :D
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • chris05chris05 Posts: 347
    Looks like the Hip will make it to Newfoundland and Halifax, Robbie said it himself

"The dates we are doing right now are just some smaller club dates around the release of the record with more extensive touring coming in from January right through the summer. So if your town isn't there now, expect us somewhere close by in the summer. So we had to make a choice on some places if we would play them in the summer or winter. We decided Halifax and St. John's would be good summer gigs." Robbie Baker 10/23/06

Wow was i happy to read that.
    Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!
  • murph83murph83 Posts: 122
    chris05 wrote:
    Looks like the Hip will make it to Newfoundland and Halifax, Robbie said it himself

"The dates we are doing right now are just some smaller club dates around the release of the record with more extensive touring coming in from January right through the summer. So if your town isn't there now, expect us somewhere close by in the summer. So we had to make a choice on some places if we would play them in the summer or winter. We decided Halifax and St. John's would be good summer gigs." Robbie Baker 10/23/06

Wow was i happy to read that.

I'm predicting the hip at Salmonfest in '07