Whats your favorite Tragically Hip album?

chris05chris05 Posts: 347
edited June 2007 in Other Music
I love all of the Hips albums, but i have to say " Phantom Power " is my favorite. So many great songs.... " Save the Planet, Membership, Vapor Trials, etc etc.

Escape is at hand for the travlin man and poets are among my all time favorite hip songs.

So whats your favorite album by Canada's best band ( IMO )?
Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• It's really hard to choose, but for reasons I can't quite put my finger on, "Road Apples" sticks out in my mind. "Long time running" has to be the favorite song, but then again, I havn't heard a Hip song I didn't love.
    Want to be enlightened, like I want to be told the end.
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    Trouble at the Hen House & Road Apples
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    Definitely Day for Night. Grace, Too is their best opener. Nautical Disaster is their most well-written song. And I love Greasy Jungle, Fire In The Hole, So Hard Done By, Thugs, and Scared.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • neartodeathneartodeath Posts: 167
    butts wigglin is such a cool song
  • Mine would have to be Fully Completely followed closely by Road Apples and Day for Night.
    "I'll be hanging upside down, and there I will swing, for all e.........tern.............ni..............ty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • the only album i own is the live one. i love it. one of the best live albums i've ever heard. i especially love 'scared'. what a great f-ing song. ;)
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Fully Completely
  • Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    day for night

june 30th 2006 da hips live on PEI !!! =)
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • melodyman22melodyman22 Posts: 326
    This is hard to choose all there albums are great but id have to say Road Apples.
  • funkymonkfunkymonk Posts: 279
    Alot of great albums put out by these guys. However, as far as my favourite I would have to go with Phantom Power.
  • IgottagoIgottago Posts: 483
    Day For Night
  • It's almost equal... Road Apples & Day For Night...
  • Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
    Just trying to counterbalance the Chris Cornell threads.
    "It's all happening"
  • stateoflove79stateoflove79 Posts: 2,845
    Day For Night and Music @ Work
    Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    Phantom Power is my all-time fave for personal reasons more than anything, but I think Day for Night is probably their masterpiece, and arguably the best rock album to come out of the 90s. Every song on that disc is pure genius. I'm also a really big fan of World Container.
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • chris05chris05 Posts: 347
    I'm a huge Hip fan, got all there stuff. I'd have to say "Phantom Power ", love that album. Really love the new one also. Cant wait to see them again in Sept.
    Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!
  • korbykorby Posts: 298
    whole album. buy it.
    its ok