Tommy

chris05chris05 Posts: 347
edited January 2007 in Other Music
Wow thats all i can say about this album. I have had it for years now, still blows me away every listen.
Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• chris05 wrote:
    Wow thats all i can say about this album. I have had it for years now, still blows me away every listen.

It's a masterpiece for sure.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • Loveeeeeeeeeee it but I actually think I like Quadrophenia better.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • ii44ii44 Posts: 430
    Quad blows Tommy on record. I think the Quadrophenia is a much much much better written piece, and recording. I always Tommy had an underwhelming "tinny" sound. It was a beast live though, straight up heavy,it couldn't have been more different from what was on the record.

They're both great though.
  • ii44 wrote:
    Quad blows Tommy on record. I think the Quadrophenia is a much much much better written piece, and recording. I always Tommy had an underwhelming "tinny" sound. It was a beast live though, straight up heavy,it couldn't have been more different from what was on the record.

They're both great though.
    That's the main reason I think Quad. is better actually. Also "Love Reign O'er Me" can hardly be matched by any album closer of all time.

"Make our day"
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    i like sell out i think just as much as quad. i dunno, its a tough one. i also like who by numbers alot. one thing is for sure. no one (not pj either, sorry) does the who better than the who!!!!!
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • kdpjam wrote:
    i like sell out i think just as much as quad. i dunno, its a tough one. i also like who by numbers alot. one thing is for sure. no one (not pj either, sorry) does the who better than the who!!!!!
    I think with all honesty the Pearl Jam out did them on "Love Reign O'er Me". Eddie stomped Daltrey's performance (which was also amazing).

"Make our day"
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    I think with all honesty the Pearl Jam out did them on "Love Reign O'er Me". Eddie stomped Daltrey's performance (which was also amazing).

i don't agree at all but opinions are like... well, opinions.
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~