Options

Weezer - Make Believe.

chris05chris05 Posts: 347
edited April 2006 in Other Music
Ok i might be alone on this one, but i love this album, one of my favorite Weezer albums yet. Im not a big fan of " Beverly Hills " but the rest of the album is awesome, imo. " The damage in your heart " is one of my top five favorite Weezer songs.

Anyways just wondering if anyone else actually likes this album?
Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    chris05 wrote:
    Ok i might be alone on this one, but i love this album, one of my favorite Weezer albums yet. Im not a big fan of " Beverly Hills " but the rest of the album is awesome, imo. " The damage in your heart " is one of my top five favorite Weezer songs.

I

t's growing on me....and i agree with you about Beverly Hills...i really don't like that song.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Options
    Sonic19Sonic19 Posts: 159
    Its got some good songs, I think Weezer coulda done better though...
    Stay positive and love your life
    Hooray Florida shows
  • Options
    CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    I like a good number of the songs on the album, but for whatever reason I just don't like the album overall. I had the same problem with Maladriot. I really don't know what it is, but I haven't listened to Make Believe in months, even though I thought a lot of the songs were pretty good.

Beverly Hills is a guilty pleasure of mine, I was almost disgusted the first time I heard it, but I've grown to really enjoy it in all of its cheesey glory!
  • Options
    GREATT album

2nd or 3rd of weezers to me.
    blue and pinkerton are ahead.

perfect situation is my favorite weezer song. ever.
    www.TheRopolitans.com
  • Options
    GREATT album

2nd or 3rd of weezers to me.
    blue and pinkerton are ahead.

perfect situation is my favorite weezer song. ever.

Indeed, this album kicks the green albums and maladroits ass.
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,096
    Don't really like the album. Saw them on their club tour right before the album came out and they failed to impress. I think the Weezer ship has sailed for me....
  • Options
    allornoneallornone Posts: 269
    I didn't like it at first; but now I love it. I actually have listened to the album more within the last 2-3 months than when I first bought it a year ago. It has grown on me.

It's also my 3 year old daughter's favorite album. She listens to it all the time. Her favorite song is "We are on all drugs", although she thinks they are signing "We are all playing drums". It's pretty cute.
  • Options
    mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    chris05 wrote:

who are you people? sorry but I love pinkerton and really like all the others I even love Maladroit but this is a bad album for Ashlee Simpson let alone Weezer
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • Options
    its horrible
    um, no.
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    yeh i like this album...but i love everything else Weezer did.
    it grew on me yeh...fave track has to be This is Such a Pity
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    3sheets3sheets Posts: 284
    i think MrWalker and Harvick hit the nail on the head. i was shocked the Weez put out this crap. Me thinks it's time Rivers stopped using his "secret formula" for writing songs, b/c he hasn't produced anything worthwhile in quite some time. Get some new input, and perhaps the Weez could get back some of the magic from Pinkerton and the Blue album.
    Live Free or Die!
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    I think it is a decent album, it's a good listen every now and then. It isn't one that stands out and makes me want to play it all the time. Much like every other Weezer album. But when I feel the need to listen to Weezer or Make Believe, it never lets me down
  • Options
    WEEZER should stop making albums face it blue album is all they will be known for
    "I write a letter to a friend of mine
    I tell him how much I used to love watch him smile
    See I haven't seen him smile in a little while
    Haven't seen him smile in a little while
    But, I know you're laughing from the inside out."
    Blind Melon - Mouthfull of cavities
    R.I.P. JEN
  • Options
    I would say it may be their best album...and I did not mind beverly hills
    The only thing I enjoy is having no feelings....being numb rocks!

And I won't make the same mistakes
    (Because I know)
    Because I know how much time that wastes
    (And function)
    Function is the key
  • Options
    WEEZER should stop making albums face it blue album is all they will be known for

Then I suppose that Pearl Jam should cancel the release of their new album...because most people only know a couple songs off 10, MAYBE daughter or betterman.

dude....

Stop breathing my air

(Because I know)
    (And function)
    Function is the key
  • Options
    Then I suppose that Pearl Jam should cancel the release of their new album...because most people only know a couple songs off 10, MAYBE daughter or betterman.

dude....

Stop breathing my air
    Ok why are you comparing PJ to Weezer Pearl jam came out with other good albums besides there first Weezer hasnt came out with anything as good as their first .
    "I write a letter to a friend of mine
    I tell him how much I used to love watch him smile
    See I haven't seen him smile in a little while
    Haven't seen him smile in a little while
    But, I know you're laughing from the inside out."
    Blind Melon - Mouthfull of cavities
    R.I.P. JEN
  • Options
    QballQball Posts: 283
    being a big weezer fan I think this album is the worst album ever. I would rather listen to "Please Hammer dont hurt em" instead of this crap. Cant touch this
  • Options
    Ok why are you comparing PJ to Weezer Pearl jam came out with other good albums besides there first Weezer hasnt came out with anything as good as their first .

Yes, they did....but they are really only widely known for ten. The fans ove all their music, because we realise it is great music....

Grungeblood "WEEZER should stop making albums face it blue album is all they will be known for"

Again...10 is what they are truly known for...most people know these songs/this album...but not a lot else about PJ....I don't think anyone can argue that. But they continue making albums...and I personnally am glad they do, as I am glad Weezer does.

(Because I know)
    (And function)
    Function is the key