Cornell live @ much

chris05chris05 Posts: 347
edited April 2007 in Other Music
I dont care what anyone says....he still got his voice and he still kicks major fuckin ass. Probably the best live @ much i ever seen.
Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    this isn't on until 9 here in EST.

are you telling me this is on tape-delay ? That is pretty lame, just have it on live across Canada. Stupid Much crap
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    What channel is it on? ??
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    MuchMoreMusic here in Canada
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    I really like that you know my name song but I think he's lost a bit live, that being said his album will be great (I hope the last one was fucking amazing and some audioslave stuff was really good but it seemed like they rushed the last two albums) because they can pro tools it a bit
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • holtzholtz Posts: 509
    mrwalkerb wrote:
    but I think he's lost a bit live,

His voice isn't as powerful as it was during Sundgarden but its sounding better than it has in a long time, he really impressed me when I saw him on Easter. I saw Soundgarden 3 times in '92 and while he can't sing like that anymore he was alot better than when I saw him with audioslave.
  • Copied and pasted from the other thread.

OMG I just got in from the Muchmoremusic appearance that Chris made today. I won passes to be INSIDE for it.
    He played 6 songs (4 for TV and 2 just for us) and was interviewed.

OMG he had on this HOTTT Tight black sweater and tight blue Jeans. Mmmmmm!!! OMG HOT.

I ended up with a great spot...ended up on TV a lot. eeeks. Hahah good thing I dressed nice hehe.
    He sounded AMAZING WOW! The drummer is kinda shitty, BUT Chris's voice is amazing!!!
    Ohh there was this guy who asked a question about the Spiderman 2 soundtrack, saying that Chris wrote the song which he didn't. Poor guy. he was ASKED by the Much Music people to ask that question, it wasn't his own question, but Chris didn't know that. Chris corrected him but was soo nice about it. He told the guy not to feel bad about asking it as he's had journalists as him the same question. I was so glad that guy was asked and not me haha (I was standing beside the guy in the holding area we were first brought to in the back, when he was approached by someone from the show about asking that question for them).

The 2 songs he did just for us were Outshined and Safe and Sound (from his new album)

Anyways the best part. I MET CHRIS!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!

After the show he hung around for a bit and signed stuff. K*Rock and I got our Euphoria Morning liner notes signed. I got a picture with him whoohoo!!

K*Rock asked for a pic and Chris was gonna do it but this dickhead of a security guard stepped in and wouldn't let him do it..and ushered Chris out of the studio all quick. We all tried for her but the security guard wouldn't have any of it and there wasn't much Chris could do cause it was much more music security not his own sadly....but hey she got an autograph ohh and be BOTH got setlists !!

I am sooo pumped for tomorrow.

Ohh I asked him about playing Sunshower and he said no He said they've been having problems with that song. The guitars are in 2 different keys. He said they need to practice it as a band more before they play it live.

He was soooo nice, and relaxed. OMG I am sooos excited still hehe.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • bump this up

Anyone know if its been youtubed as of yet?
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    bump

replay on in 2 minutes!
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • mrwalkerb wrote:
    I think he's lost a bit live, that being said his album will be great

sorry for possibly taking that quote out of context but really think about it, when has chris cornell had "it" live. Its really hard to belt out those vocals live because its all studio and pro tools.

Oh I can't wait untill the cornell fanboys chime in
  • sorry for possibly taking that quote out of context but really think about it, when has chris cornell had "it" live. Its really hard to belt out those vocals live because its all studio and pro tools.

Oh I can't wait untill the cornell fanboys chime in
    So what you are saying is cornell cant sing to save his life and if it wasnt for studio trickery his album vocals would be shit. Does he layer his vocals? Yes. Does he take multiple takes to get a scream right? Im sure. Does he use certain effects on his voice? Sometimes. My point is the man has a ton of vocal that is somewhat polished in the studio. He sets the bar so high with his albums that be able to pull that off night after night would be very difficult. Since he quit the smokes and the booze his live performances have been progressively better, to the point where very recent shows have been flat out amazing! If he had taken better care of his voice during his career (this was a guy that would smoke and drink a ton then come out without warming his voice at all, and wail out songs like beyond the wheel, jcp ect for two hours every other night) we would not be talking about "having it live". For what its worth accounts from the musicans he recorded carry on with almost all the vocals were recorded live playing with the band.
  • So what you are saying is cornell cant sing to save his life and if it wasnt for studio trickery his album vocals would be shit. Does he layer his vocals? Yes. Does he take multiple takes to get a scream right? Im sure. Does he use certain effects on his voice? Sometimes. My point is the man has a ton of vocal that is somewhat polished in the studio. He sets the bar so high with his albums that be able to pull that off night after night would be very difficult. Since he quit the smokes and the booze his live performances have been progressively better, to the point where very recent shows have been flat out amazing! If he had taken better care of his voice during his career (this was a guy that would smoke and drink a ton then come out without warming his voice at all, and wail out songs like beyond the wheel, jcp ect for two hours every other night) we would not be talking about "having it live". For what its worth accounts from the musicans he recorded carry on with almost all the vocals were recorded live playing with the band.
    +1. I've heard some live stuff from the past few weeks.. not only is the Kroq version of Seasons better than the studio (for example..), but he can sing Jesus Christ Pose. Fucking amazing. His voice is back and better than ever.. traded some range and a little power for this incredibly rich tone..
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • melodyman22melodyman22 Posts: 326
    He sounded great live. I love how people say his voice isnt what it used to be. Bottom line he still is one of the best singers ever, and still going. His screams were great.
  • korbykorby Posts: 298
    I saw it. i still like his singing. i always have. i like his songs too
    its ok
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,415
    if ya looking for the dvd .. youkan's .. is your answer. :)