Icky Thump debuts at #2

chris05chris05 Posts: 347
edited June 2007 in Other Music
That was nice to see they deserve it, such an awesome album.......Only 19 more days till I see them.
Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• This is great until you realize that they were second only to Bon Jovi.

I guess it's all in when you decide to release your album... I mean, Modest Mouse debuted at #1 but in the long run I think it's safe to say that Icky Thump will sell considerably more than the Modest Mouse album.

But it's always been that way, I mean just look at Nevermind vs Ten. Nevermind got all the attention for being #1 but Ten has crushed it long-term.
  • NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477

But it's always been that way, I mean just look at Nevermind vs Ten. Nevermind got all the attention for being #1 but Ten has crushed it long-term.
    album sales dont equal musical integrity or greatness.

being a fan of a band as irrelevant as pj is in the industry you should know this,
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • NOCODE#1 wrote:
    album sales dont equal musical integrity or greatness.

being a fan of a band as irrelevant as pj is in the industry you should know this,

I completely agree and didn't intend for it to sound that way.

I was basically just pointing out that a commercially less successful band opened at #1 when the more "popular" band didn't.

And the fact that I mentioned how Bon Jovi was #1 should have put to rest any notion that sales = greatness. :D
  • Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762
    Omifuckingod how did Bon Jovi beat the White Stripes and Queens and the Beastie Boys too? Fucking insanity.