Young Modern

chris05chris05 Posts: 347
edited August 2007 in Other Music
Wow what an awesome album, so glad i stuck with these guys over the years, cause they keep getting better. And " Young Modern Station" , what an album opener.
Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    Fantastic album. I can never decide if I prefer "Diorama" or "Young Modern". I'm really hoping it does well enough over here for them to tour here again.
  • I absolutely love 'Diorama' & was looking forward to this album, but judging from the songs I've heard on myspace, they've stepped a little too far beyond the experimental boundary with this one. I have heard great things about it, so maybe I need to give the whole album another listen.
    "Oh, a flower you are to my land..."
  • prodacakeprodacake Posts: 319
    The album gets better with every listen really love straight lines, waiting all day and reflections of a sound, so far its album of 2007 for me
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    prodacake wrote:
    The album gets better with every listen really love straight lines, waiting all day and reflections of a sound, so far its album of 2007 for me

If You Keep Losing Sleep and TTB/SB/TTB are two of my other favorites besides the ones you mentioned
  • prodacakeprodacake Posts: 319
    If You Keep Losing Sleep and TTB/SB/TTB are two of my other favorites besides the ones you mentioned

I think it's there best album to date like chris05 said i am so glad i stuck with silverchair. Can't believe they are only in there late 20's seems like they have been around forever
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    Thanks for that.

I've been enjoying Young Modern for quite a while now...I really loved how the DJ at my local radio station introduced me to the song some months ago. He said that he was about to play a great tune by a band that's been around for a while; yet when we heard it, we'd have absolutely no idea who it was because of how different it sounded from their previous music. Yet when we found out who it was, we'd be shocked.

And pleased.

He played the song while I was in my car on my way to work and the sound was amazing! And I even though I had pulled into the parking lot and was ready to head into the office, I refused to get out of my car until the last note was over and he told me who the hell that band was. I refused!

He was right. I was very pleased. And surprised. Still am.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • chris05chris05 Posts: 347
    lots of silverchair haters over at you tube, so sad that so many people still only like their first two albums. their weakest albums in my opinion.
    Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!
  • I think their first two are their worst as well, but i have to say I dont like young modern as much as diorama and neon ballroom. i think they are trying too hard...
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    got to love the aussies. Good to see they r still going well overseas. But i must say, i do like freek & tommorow.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Neon Ballroom is one of the best albums of all time IMO