The Hip's latest tour?

chris05chris05 Posts: 347
edited August 2007 in Other Music
How are the boys sounding this time around, and are they changing up the setlist much. Going to see them in a couple of times and cant wait.
Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• rockpantsrockpants Posts: 838
    I saw them in Vancouver last month. Not sure about setlist change-ups (maybe try a Hip fan forum), but the show itself was rad. World Container songs hold up extremely well next to the classics ... and vice versa :) Of course, Gord was completely animated. Can't imagine where he gets his energy from. Totally captivating. The band sounded tight and the background/lighting concept is neatly minimalist; it provided a great atmosphere.
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    http://www.thehip.com/touring-SetLists.html

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=159044&highlight=tragically

seen them 7 times on the world container tour. AWESOME. you will have fun....
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • civ_eng_girlciv_eng_girl Posts: 2,001
    yes!! they are sounding great! rockpants pretty much said all there is to say! :D

i've seen them 4 times this tour so far, and am heading out east to see them in a couple of weeks in Sydney for sure, and maybe Hali too! :cool: :D
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • augustwestaugustwest Posts: 739
    World Container is such an amazing cd :)
  • direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    I've seen them 3 times on this tour and I've gotten 3 completely different setlists. Personally I think this is the best they've ever sounded. "World Container" seems to have breathed new life into the band and it really shows up on stage. The boys are obviously having a blast, and Gord is still crazy as a fuckin' loon. You'll love it.
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits