Options

I realized how much I hate rap last night

JellyrollsJellyrolls Posts: 523
edited February 2006 in Other Music
I was in town last night with a couple of friends and a guy in another truck beside me was talking to me and he turned his rap up..and it was HORRRIBLE!!!!!! I used to listen to rap and then I discovered good music..so while he was playing rap, I just turned "Shism" up really loud.. there is my awesome story of the day
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    Just like rock music, there is rap worth listening to and then there is commercial rap.
  • Options
    EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    Straight Outta Compton is such a good album. It went commercial I believe but is one of my favourite CDs ever.
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Options
    I failed to mention that it was radio rap. I love good rap..not that bullshit though
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    Was it Akon/Young Jezzy?

The Geto Boys & The Dayton Family came on my iPod the other day...good times.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    Young Jeezy was one of them
  • Options
    LBC1076LBC1076 Posts: 224
    Damn it feels good to be a gangsta..........

Did you turn up jism or Schism?
  • Options
    I have to agree, there is good rap, and then there's crap.
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • Options
    I was in town last night with a couple of friends and a guy in another truck beside me was talking to me and he turned up schism..and it was HORRRIBLE!!!!!! I used to listen to schism and then I discovered good music..so while he was playing schism, I just turned "The Diamond Sea" up really loud.. there is my awesome story of the day
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    I was in town last night with a couple of friends and a guy in another truck beside me was talking to me and he turned up schism..and it was HORRRIBLE!!!!!! I used to listen to schism and then I discovered good music..so while he was playing schism, I just turned "The Diamond Sea" up really loud.. there is my awesome story of the day
    Are you mocking me? because I was listening to Tool? I sure hope not
  • Options
    one man's crap is another man's treasure
  • Options
    That's true, because the Diamand Seas sucks.
  • Options
    Jellyrolls wrote:
    That's true, because the Diamand Seas sucks.

if you're going to knock it you should have some clever quip or something...not just a meat head type response where you even misspell the song title as though you've never heard it before or something.
  • Options
    Oh, I'm sorry for the typo.

I really don't know why the moderators here allow dickheads like you to keep posting on these boards. You think all other music sucks but yours. Congrats on your open mind.
  • Options
    Jellyrolls wrote:
    Oh, I'm sorry for the typo.

I really don't know why the moderators here allow dickheads like you to keep posting on these boards. You think all other music sucks but yours. Congrats on your open mind.

i didn't say all other music sucks....I like Tool...but i dont like Schism or much of anything else off of lateralus.
    One song does not equate to all other music.

But if one song did equate to all other music then what would that be saying for someone who bashes an entire genre such as...oh i dont know... rap music? Asks the kettle to the pot.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444

How funny; I was in the same town last night, and 2 cars seemed to be having a car stereo battle...I thought to myself, does volume prove the quality of the music?

Seems as if the ones who play their music the loudest have the worst taste!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    How funny; I was in the same town last night, and 2 cars seemed to be having a car stereo battle...I thought to myself, does volume prove the quality of the music?

Seems as if the ones who play their music the loudest have the worst taste!

wouldn't there have been three cars though...you forgot about the Rap guy.

but it's true....i've never heard a good song being blasted through a car stereo.
  • Options
    Guys the Diamond Sea basically shits all over everything Tool has ever done.
  • Options
    rap is the worst thing known to man!its sooo?so?uhh hwo can u dicribe somthing as awful and dicasful as rap??????wtf were they thinking?
    ~~ONCE a pj fan...~~Always a pj fan~~never let em' down~~~
  • Options
    rap is the worst thing known to man!its sooo?so?uhh hwo can u dicribe somthing as awful and dicasful as rap??????wtf were they thinking?

can I nominate this for the post of the year?

Or century?

Shit I think I might have a signature.
  • Options
    im not a big fan of rap. i like NWA, but i dont really take them seriously. i know they talk about some real things, but most of it just makes me laugh. public enemy is really good though. lots of social injustice, fighting the power, etc. PE is definitely worth listening to.