Hank Williams III

JellyrollsJellyrolls Posts: 523
edited January 2007 in Other Music
Does anyone like or even know about Hank III? He is a true outlaw in music today. He has his solo country career where he is at the top of the game and he also is in his band Assjack.

If I not mistaken he was the guitarist for Superjoint Ritual too
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• The guy is wicked talented. A few weeks ago I saw some PBS doc about Hank Sr. and Hank III did all his grandpa's songs for the doc. He nailed em, flawlessly.

Check out the song "country heroes", dark country at it's best.
    www.myspace.com/olafvonmastadon
  • hank III is further proof that musical genius can skip a generation...Hated his father's "music" but III is a true renegade...

alt country just means Smart Country.
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    a guy at work burned one of his cds for me. very very good.... gotta put that on my iPod...
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146

I like that.:)
  • hank III is further proof that musical genius can skip a generation...Hated his father's "music" but III is a true renegade...

You know I've looked everywhere for an SNL skit with Chris Farley about Bocephus (Hank Jr), but for the life of me I can't find it. He was doing a hillarious and beautiful rendition of Monday Night Football. Any Ideas?
    www.myspace.com/olafvonmastadon
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    I respect the original Hank Williams, but his time is too far back for me to relate to it.

Bocephus, Hank Williams Jr, had some good shit back when he was all fucked up on drugs & booze. Not sure about his later stuff. Habits Old & New was great.

Other than Hank III was in Superjoint Ritual (with Phil Anselmo of Pantera fame), I know little of Hank III. Didn't he play bass for SJR? One of my best friends saw Hank III, said he played a bunch of Hank I and Hank II stuff, and then told the old folks to go to bed and started jamming the heavy shit. I thought that was pretty fuckin' cool.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • i met hank III probably about 5 or 6 years ago. they did a couple of shows at our club opening for the reverend horton heat. two awesome shows...by both bands. hank III was very cool, soft spoken, easy to talk to, but his show rocked! they blew our sound system two consecutive nights. :)

they did some misfits covers, some metallica, some country, it was all over the road...awesome! been a fan ever since. :)
  • I like original Hank and Hank III, but I think Jr. was just a singles kind of artist with no full-fledged album to back up his fame. As for Hank III, I have his last two albums (Straight to Hell and Lovesick, Broke & Driftin'). I thought Straight to Hell was a really good album, but I really, really like Lovesick, Broke & Driftin - terrific album.
    I share a cigarette with negativity.
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    "Well I'm proud to be an okie from Muskogee, a place where even squares can have a ball...":D
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • "Well I'm proud to be an okie from Muskogee, a place where even squares can have a ball...":D

very nice. :)
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Hank rocks:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.