Your favorite DBT singer

JellyrollsJellyrolls Posts: 523
edited May 2007 in Other Music
Mine is Cooley..who is yours?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• NakedClownNakedClown Posts: 545
    Mine was Isbell... Now it's Cooley...

Ghost to Most is hands down my favorite of the new songs being played lately...

Not to take anything away from Hood...
  • sadprofessorsadprofessor Posts: 1,034
    Cooley by a landslide... Patterson is great, so was Isbell, but Cooley is just the fuckin' man.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Patterson Hood. His songs from Southern Rock Opera hooked me on the DBT. Cooleys got a damn fine way with words though.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • deadmosquitodeadmosquito Posts: 729
    was isbell...

i like hood's voice better, but cooley's songs are better than his. i dunno. what a great band.
  • Cooley is great, but I prefer Patterson Hood.
    Go see The Avett Brothers!!
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    I dont think I can choose, after a good few listens to Sirens, I've discovered that it dont feel right, like something is missing and it is, Hood and Cooley.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    whoever it is that sings danko/manuel. isbell? :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • AvocadoLadyAvocadoLady Posts: 680
    Who sings Zip City? That's the one I like.
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    It's a hard question to answer...they all contribute something different to the sound of the music.

That being said, I'll give Cooley the nod (especially for Zip City, Cottonseed and when he comes in at the end of Like a Rolling Stone)

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Who sings Zip City? That's the one I like.
    Cooley
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    whoever it is that sings danko/manuel. isbell? :)
    Yes, that's a Jason Isbell song.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,249
    Jellyrolls wrote:
    Mine is Cooley..who is yours?

hey i need to be educated who is DBT thanks .....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    hey i need to be educated who is DBT thanks .....

Drive-By Truckers

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

It's a hard question to answer...they all contribute something different to the sound of the music.

That being said, I'll give Cooley the nod (especially for Zip City, Cottonseed and when he comes in at the end of Like a Rolling Stone)

PBM
    I'll also throw out a vote for the Stroker Ace, Mike Cooley, despite some really great work by both Patterson & Jason through the years.......72(This Highway's Mean), Guitar Man Upstairs, Women without Whiskey, When the Pin hits the Shell and of course, the previously mentioned Zip City are great, great efforts...some of the best stuff that I have heard in quite awhile.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,249

thanks will dowload some of their catalog tonight where should i start ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    tybird wrote:
    72(This Highway's Mean)

We listened to that one on the way back from Tunica on Sunday afternoon.

Oh...and Where The Devil Don't Stay is a classic gem.

PBM

thanks will dowload some of their catalog tonight where should i start ....

•The Dirty South
    •Decoration Day

Those two albums are a nice introduction and will help you transition into some of the earlier work.

PBM

•The Dirty South
    •Decoration Day

Those two albums are a nice introduction and will help you transition into some of the earlier work.

PBM
    Can't disagree with those selections..:D
  • JellyrollsJellyrolls Posts: 523
    I would definatly get "The Dirty South" first.. The opening track "Where the Devil Don't Stay" with Cooley on vocals is amazing!
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Jellyrolls wrote:
    I would definatly get "The Dirty South" first.. The opening track "Where the Devil Don't Stay" with Cooley on vocals is amazing!

The next 13 are pretty kick arse also.:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.