Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream

JellyrollsJellyrolls Posts: 523
edited April 2008 in Other Music
God Bless this beautiful album. One of the best of the nineties. After listening to this album tonight, I felt the urge to post this. Good day
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• seagoat2seagoat2 Posts: 241
    Jellyrolls wrote:
    God Bless this beautiful album. One of the best of the nineties. After listening to this album tonight, I felt the urge to post this. Good day

Agreed - Disarm gets me every time.......
  • Weird...I just listened to this album today.

Hummer had me a little emotional...the ending to that song is just unbelievably beautiful.
  • Jellyrolls wrote:

It is a great album, actually all their albums are pretty solid.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    amazing album. cherub rock, hummer and mayonaise are my faves but the whole album is great. one of the best records of the 90s.
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    Amazing album. Second favorite of all time by any band. Cherub Rock is the greatest opening track I've ever heard.
  • Brain Of EBrain Of E Posts: 499
    I agree, SP's best album!!
    Down in the hole, Jesus tries to crack a smile beneath another shovel load.
  • ballbagballbag Posts: 69
    this album kicks ass.

good day sir.
  • r1versr1vers Posts: 244
    mayonaise+silverfuck = happy
    "Last time I think we played that song here was like, a long time ago, and there was a bonfire in the back and people were like throwing each other into it...very exciting days but a huge fucking relief that that's not how it is tonight..." Ed Irvine Night 1 2003, after Deep
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    One of my favourite albums ever - it shows what a huge talent Billy Corgan can be.
  • Gremmie95Gremmie95 Posts: 749
    ahhhhh, what the pumkins were meant to sound like!
  • Bangers_n_mashBangers_n_mash Posts: 1,241
    Geek USA ftw! :D
    uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹ,ǝʍ 'punoɹ ʎɐʍ ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ ןןɐ s,ʇı
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    I cannot listen to this album and be in a bad mood

it's very uplifting

one of my top 10 favourites of all time
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    Jellyrolls wrote:

This is good "cooking dinner" music. :D

(Thanks for mentioning it.)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • i forgot i love Smashing Pumkins until today! Cherub Rock is great.
  • hodgehodge Posts: 519
    Jellyrolls wrote:
    One of the best of the nineties.

for sure.

my friend, who is a musician, can't get past billy's 'nasaly' voice

it's a shame because this album has some amazing guitar work and of course wicked drumming
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • I think Soma might be one of the best songs ever written.
  • chikevinchikevin Posts: 421
    MrSmith wrote:
    I think Soma might be one of the best songs ever written.
    by far the best the pumpkins have offered when trying 'to connect'.

years since ed wrote like this. years since billy did.

doesn't matter where you are in life...if you absorb this song, it touches you.
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Jellyrolls wrote:

Takes me back to freshman year in high school. Great Fucking album. :D
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    always holds a place in my top 5 fave albums!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
    beautiful album.....

Mayonaise is stunning.....
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    one fuckin perfect album! SP's best for sure. One of my all time favourites
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
  • lisamlisam Posts: 75
    I seen them here in Sydney about a month ago at the V festival and their concert and i have found a newly renewed love for the pumpkins. One of the best concerts ive seen in a very very long time, if not the best
    Shot me with your funk gun
  • gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    This album kicks so much ass. Every song is perfect, which isn't something you get to say too often. This CD is everything I loved about Smashing Pumpkins and it's too bad they never topped it, but I'm not sure how they could have.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    The only SP's album other than Adore that I can enjoy all the way through.

Saw them on Siamese Dream at the Astoria back in 93, maybe 94, was the most frenetic show I'd attended up until that point. Couple years later again at the Wembley arena supporting Melancholy and the magic had gone, partly due to the size of the venue but also down to new material. How it felt for me anyway.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    elmer wrote:
    The only SP's album other than Adore that I can enjoy all the way through.

Saw them on Siamese Dream at the Astoria back in 93, maybe 94, was the most frenetic show I'd attended up until that point. Couple years later again at the Wembley arena supporting Melancholy and the magic had gone, partly due to the size of the venue but also down to new material. How it felt for me anyway.

NO
    NO
    NO

SHHHH

MAKING ME JEALOUS

yes it was astoria 94, they did 4 shows in a row there
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    I BrisK I wrote:
    NO
    NO
    NO

SHHHH

MAKING ME JEALOUS

yes it was astoria 94, they did 4 shows in a row there
    ah, the Milton Keynes fellow, haven't noticed you around here in a while.....

yeah, would've been early-ish 94, remember it was a friday night. The only show where I ever 'went over the top' in a moshpit, think Corgan still had hair back then.
  • lgtlgt Posts: 720
    One of my favourites of all time!