Bonnaroo...

Blind MelonBlind Melon Posts: 911
edited February 2008 in Other Music
It's being announced, tonight, at midnight. Be there, or be square.

Source of information.

Me, I've been so pumped to get the line-up for a month now... I cannot wait longer... I'm pretty sure the clue that says "clouds taste this way" means that the Flaming Lips will be there because of their album "Clouds Taste Metallic"... unsure though... we'll find out tonight!
If I could, think I would give in.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    I kinda doubt the Flaming Lips will be there since they just played Roo last year. That was a great performance and I'd see them again if the are playing there.
  • I'm guessing the Beastie Boys will play
  • does anybody have any solid rumors (yeah, that sounds stupid)? Like us with PJ, I mean, it's pretty obvious they're playing for sure. Anything else out there about other bands similar to this?
    me you wouldn't recall, cause i'm not my former.
  • I know that Battles, Ladytron, Black Kids, and Jose Gonzalez are playing for sure.
  • does anybody have any solid rumors (yeah, that sounds stupid)? Like us with PJ, I mean, it's pretty obvious they're playing for sure. Anything else out there about other bands similar to this?
    I'd say if those clues are real, then Beastie Boys would be a pretty solid bet.

Pollstar had My Morning Jacket up then took them down.

They have played like every Bonnaroo except for one (or something to that effect). So I would call them a virtual lock.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • bird jambird jam Posts: 107
    Flaming Lips will not be there this year, unfortunately.
    Liberace was great on the piano but he sucked on the organ.
  • It's being announced, tonight, at midnight. Be there, or be square.

Source of information.

Me, I've been so pumped to get the line-up for a month now... I cannot wait longer... I'm pretty sure the clue that says "clouds taste this way" means that the Flaming Lips will be there because of their album "Clouds Taste Metallic"... unsure though... we'll find out tonight!

That clue is for Metallica. unfortunately
  • Soo.... metallica... yeah.................
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    Lineup now:

Superfly Productions and A.C. Entertainment are proud to announce the initial lineup for the 2008 Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival. The seventh annual four-day camping and music festival will be held on June 12-15 on the same beautiful 700-acre farm in Manchester, Tennessee, 60 miles south of Nashville. A full list of confirmed acts follows, and more will be announced in the coming weeks. The final Bonnaroo 2008 lineup will total over 100 bands and over 20 comedians performing on 13 stages over four days. Tickets go on sale exclusively through http://www.bonnaroo.com on Saturday, February 16 at 12:00 p.m. EDT.

Continuing the Bonnaroo tradition of diversity and dynamism, the 2008 lineup draws top-flight acts from a staggering range of musical worlds. This year, Bonnaroo welcomes metal stalwart Metallica, the explosive Pearl Jam and acoustic rocker Jack Johnson, along with hip-hop star Kanye West, indie-rock staple Death Cab for Cutie and scores of other hot acts. Fresh talents like NYC buzz band Vampire Weekend and Austin electro act Ghostland Observatory will perform alongside revered legends such as Willie Nelson and The Band's Levon Helm, who will bring his famous Woodstock-based Midnight Ramble show to thousands of festival fans. Other special collaborations include the slow-burning duo of Alison Krauss and Robert Plant, roots-leaning couple Derek Trucks and Susan Tedeschi and bluegrass darling Abigail Washburn's Sparrow Quartet with Béla Fleck. The sprawling lineup also includes epic acts like Gogol Bordello, Against Me!, Sigur Ros and Bonnaroo favorite My Morning Jacket.

In addition to stellar music programming, Bonnaroo organizers continue to increase the quality and quantity of non-music entertainment options at the festival. Bonnaroo's revered Comedy Tent will once again host a stellar lineup of first-rate standup sets in a seated, air-conditioned venue, including Janeane Garofalo, Zach Galifianakis, Mike Birbiglia, Jim Norton, Brian Posehn and the return of David Cross, who will host "Bonnaroo Late Time Chat About," an original midnight talk show complete with a house band, comic skits and special guests.

2008 Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival Confirmed Artists:
    Pearl Jam
    Metallica
    Jack Johnson
    Kanye West
    Robert Plant & Alison Krauss
    Phil Lesh & Friends
    My Morning Jacket
    The Allman Brothers Band
    The Raconteurs
    Willie Nelson
    Death Cab for Cutie
    B.B. King
    Sigur Ros
    Levon Helm and the Ramble on the Road
    Ben Folds
    O.A.R.
    The Bluegrass Allstars Feat. Luke Bulla, Sam Bush, Jerry Douglas, Bela Fleck, Edgar Meyer and Bryan Sutton
    M.I.A.
    Umphrey's McGee
    Iron & Wine
    Yonder Mountain String Band
    Swell Season
    Talib Kweli
    Derek Trucks & Susan Tedeschi's Soul Stew Revival
    Gogol Bordello
    Broken Social Scene
    Robert Randolph's Revival
    Rilo Kiley
    Mastodon
    Lupe Fiasco
    Against Me!
    Sharon Jones & the Dap Kings
    Pat Green
    Ozomatli
    Tegan & Sara
    Solomon Burke
    Drive-By Truckers
    !!!
    The Avett Brothers
    Israel Vibration
    Abigail Washburn & the Sparrow Quartet featuring Bela Fleck
    Phil Lesh / Larry Campbell / Jackie Greene
    Aimee Mann
    Ladytron
    The Fiery Furnaces
    Orchestra Baobab
    Ghostland Observatory
    Jose Gonzalez
    Dark Star Orchestra
    Minus the Bear
    Donavon Frankenreiter
    Lez Zeppelin
    State Radio
    Battles
    Jakob Dylan
    Two Gallants
    The Sword
    Vampire Weekend
    Little Feat
    Nicole Atkins
    The Felice Brothers
    Mason Jennings
    MGMT
    The Lee Boys
    Black Kids
    Serena Ryder
    Steel Train
    Grupo Fantasma
    Back Door Slam

Bonnaroo Comedy:
    Bonnaroo Late Night Chat About with David Cross
    Janeane Garofalo
    Zach Galifianakis
    Jim Norton
    Brian Posehn
    Mike Birbiglia
    John Mulaney
    Michelle Buteau

More acts will be announced in the coming weeks.

Tickets for the 2008 Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival go on sale Saturday, February 16th, 2008 at 12:00 p.m. EST through http://www.bonnaroo.com

Discuss amongst ourselves...

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Ugh, hippies

What a boring lineup. i hope Lollapalooza doesn't suffer from the same boring-ass fate that Bonarroo and Coachella did.
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • I dont know what line up you are looking at but that is far from boring. You may have your views on that lineup but boring is one thing that it is not.
  • You're right, the comedian lineup does look pretty solid.

Just not 250 bucks worth of solid.

Seriously, which part of that is worth the price of admission? If i had an entire pound of pot that absolutely NEEDED to be smoked over the course of 4 days i could see how maybe that might be something to care about, but since i am not some braindead hippie looking to wave his arms around like a spastic retard i really am not seeing anything worth driving to some farm in the middle of nowhere for.

and i certainly wouldn't sit in a mud puddle for 4 days for the "pleasure" of seeing Jack Johnson headline anything. Or even Pearl Jam for that matter. Caught them at Lollapalooza last year and a festival band they are NOT.
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • Jim Norton and Pearl Jam

um FUCK YES
    "If my thoughts, dreams, could be seen, they'd probably put my head, in a guillotine, but it's alright ma, it's life and life only."
  • I just hope Siggy Ros gets a late night show... not during the day... that'd just kill everything about it.
  • Pretty dissapointing. No way I'd go out to the middle of nowhere for Pearl Jam and a couple others (Sigur Ros, MIA). I'll bank on Lolla again for a good lineup.

:(
  • Me and Votegirl are in discussions about renting an RV.... that's the only way I'm going.

I'm not camping outside with all those people, and I need a quiet place to gather my friends and Scooby Doo!! :D

If the RV doesn't happen, then I'll wait for other dates. They'll announce other dates, right?? RIGHT????????? :/
  • The bands I want to see, can be seen in smaller venues. I will wait for that. I really don't want to be in the middle of a field with Pearl Jam fans for 4 days (even though some of them are my best friends). It would be crazy.
    Cock Fight.
  • Not that I'm actually going, but taking a closer look at the lineup and the Swell Season is going to be there! I would looooooooove to see those two together. (It's Glen Hansard of the Frames and Marketa Irglova, both of 'Once' fame.) That would be something to see. I hope they decide to do a real tour at some point, especially with their song up for an Oscar and all the buzz surrounding their music for the film.
    2003: Toronto
    2005: Kitchener/Hamilton/Toronto
    2006: Toronto 1 & 2
    2008: Hartford/EV Toronto 1 & 2
    2009: Toronto/Philadelphia 3 & 4
    2010: Buffalo
    2011: Montreal/Toronto 1 & 2/Hamilton
    2013: London/Buffalo/Vancouver/Seattle
    2016: Toronto 1 & 2
    2022: Hamilton/Toronto
    2023: EV Seattle 1&2
  • What band has the best stage visuals out of the line up. I need to listen to some of these bands...there are way too many that I haven't ever listened to and I don't want to miss a good show.