Just lost the Greatest Rolling Stones seats ever

MCGMCG Posts: 780
edited July 2006 in Other Music
I had a presale chance and had tickets all lined up in the 11th row for the Regina show (my hometown :))and my boss came in. Long story short I timed out and lost the tickets and am now hundreds of rows back! Very frustrating... On the bright side I just saved $800.
Which came first,
the bad idea or me befallen by it?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I will never see the rolling stones.

they're up their own asses with ticket prices. fuck them.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • neartodeathneartodeath Posts: 167
    I will never see the rolling stones.

they're up their own asses with ticket prices. fuck them.

ya i know what you mean...like sir mick needs more money than he's already got...

however, i do usually end up in the cheap seats and have a great time...so in the end it IS worth $50
  • MCGMCG Posts: 780
    ya i know what you mean...like sir mick needs more money than he's already got...

however, i do usually end up in the cheap seats and have a great time...so in the end it IS worth $50

For sure, it would have been cool to be up close though. I'm just glad I'm going, they are of course sold out already so I guess it could have been worse. The Stones in Regina is a once in a lifetime deal.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    like sir mick needs more money than he's already got...
    He's got to keep paying for all those little childern that he keeps having with all these ladies................
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • neartodeathneartodeath Posts: 167
    tybird wrote:
    He's got to keep paying for all those little childern that he keeps having with all these ladies................

ohhh yaaaa...lmfao :)

ya too bad for him...it still doesn't explain the need to gouge his long time loyal fans for concert tickets...it's not like he's even close to being broke
  • Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    I have seen them 4 times and I love their show, but I refuse to pay what they are asking these days
    Kind of cannot blame them for selling their premium seats high though because scalpers would get them and turn them over for that much anyway....but to have upstairs seats in the back of a stadium for $115 is friggin nuts. I'll be happy with my experiences seeing them and the DVDs I have.
  • even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    Seems like all is not fair......................http://www.cbc.ca/story/arts/national/2006/07/27/stones-fans-upset.html
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505

I have seen the Stones twice and both times they were worth the price of admission. They played at FedEx Field in 2001 with the Strokes. My two roommates and I paid $75 for tix and were on the top row of the stadium, opposite end of the field. I was literally as far away as you could get that day and still loved the show. Unfortunately, we got stuck in traffic and missed the whole Strokes performance. We were also a little pissed that parking in the stadium lot was $30 but whatever. I saw them again last fall at Duke University in Durham, NC and they were great. Trey Anastasio opened this time. Seats were $65 for me and my wife (fiancee' at the time) and we were on the field. We were close to the 50 yard line which was nice when the band played their set down the runway. We were within 20 feet of them which was really cool. I'd recommend seeing the Stones anytime they come around.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    I will never see the rolling stones.

I'm not overly sure how much control bands do have in the cost of ticket sales. There seems to be lots of people nowadays who like to take their share of the money
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    You saved more than $800.....you saved your sanity. The Stones organization is a humungus GREED machine. Last year when PJ opened for the Stones in Pittsburgh, I got in on the "presale" and spent $800 for what I thought were 11th row seats. STUPID ME...... I didn't realize that these greedy bastards sold the "presale" seats as being the best but then moved in another whole section in front of the "presale" "best" seats and sold them for a quote, unquote CHARITY. I talked to everyone involved with the sale of the tickets including the charity, the Stones organization, the venue, Ticketbastard and everyone pointed their fingers at someone else. It was the biggest fuckover I've ever experienced regarding a concert. I spent another $600 in airplane fare and hotel room ALL TO SIT IN WHAT ENDED UP BEING SOMETHING LIKE THE 40TH ROW!!! If you need confirmation of just how greedy the Stones organization is, take a look at some of their pricey logo items.......$200 tops and the like
    PLUS, THE STONE SUCKED. They had about 40 musicians on stage playing along with "the band". They were pitiful.
    So again, consider yourself LUCKY. Give your boss a big ol sloppy wet kiss for saving you so much $$$$$!!!!!
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    my sister saw them last year and she said they were totally awesome. she got some tickets for $70.00 each at the last minute.
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~