Clutch - From Beale Street to Oblivion

pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,216
edited March 2007 in Other Music
I hear it's floating around. Any help would be greatly appreciated...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    i'm sure it's out there. i heard about 5-6 songs from it when i saw them in December, sounded pretty good to me!!!

i'll wait for it and not download. i want it to be fresh.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,216
    Yeah...I'm trying to find it for my cousin. The album comes out on 3/20 and we're going to see them the night before. He wants to hear the record first and I'm content to wait. What I have heard from the BBC sessions is excellent...
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    I'll post a link if you promise to purchase the album when it comes out and support this amazing rockin band.

I have it and downloaded it, and will purchase it in March. I am seeing them in Detroit, and in Toronto.

Clutch have ruled me since 1995.

ESCAPE FROM THE PRISON PLANET !!!!!!!!!!
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    smarchee wrote:
    I'll post a link if you promise to purchase the album when it comes out and support this amazing rockin band.

I have it and downloaded it, and will purchase it in March. I am seeing them in Detroit, and in Toronto.

Clutch have ruled me since 1995.

ESCAPE FROM THE PRISON PLANET !!!!!!!!!!

You better believe I'm buying it on 3/20. If it helps, I own 900 cds and all of their's (well...haven't gotten around to Slow Hole To China yet). It would be awesome if you can pass along the link.

By the way, have you seen the new cover art?

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m278/BlabberPhotos2/MISC/From_beale_street_to_oblivion.jpg

SMILE....TASTE KITTENS!
    yeah, that is a sweet cover. They do package their albums well, the last couple of albums have had some crazy art.

http://www.mininova.org/tor/557343

here is where you can find it.
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    smarchee wrote:
    yeah, that is a sweet cover. They do package their albums well, the last couple of albums have had some crazy art.

http://www.mininova.org/tor/557343

here is where you can find it.

Thanks a million. I'll probably still wait for the album (not too keen on downloading BitTorrent clients on the work computer), but my cousin will be stoked.

Can't wait for the show!
    a buddy of mine came over last night and gave it to me. i'm listening to it now. good stuff.
  • pjl44 wrote:
    (well...haven't gotten around to Slow Hole To China yet).

You're missing a great one. Willie Nelson, Guild of Mute Assassins, Oregon, Slow Hole To China, Sea of Destruction, Easy Breeze, Equinox, and Hoodoo Operator are all amazing tracks. This is the album Pure Rock Fury should have been.
    The Vacant wrote:
    You're missing a great one. Willie Nelson, Guild of Mute Assassins, Oregon, Slow Hole To China, Sea of Destruction, Easy Breeze, Equinox, and Hoodoo Operator are all amazing tracks. This is the album Pure Rock Fury should have been.
    so true. when they last came through i picked it up on vinyl. nice!
    I just saw Clutch on Saturday night in Toronto at The Opera House. I have seen them at least 6 times before, and that was the best performance that I have been witnessed to. The setlist was incredible. They rocked from the moment they stepped on stage with Mice & Gods, to the final tune, Pure Rock Fury.

Mice and Gods
    Promoter (Of Earthbound Causes)
    I Have The Body Of John Wilkes Booth
    Child of The City
    Soapmakers
    Burning Beard
    Profits of Doom
    Prison Planet
    You Cant Stop The Progress
    Power Player
    Mob Goes Wild
    The Regulator
    Gravel Road
    Electric Worry
    One Eye Dollar
    Texan Book Of The Dead
    Big News I
    Pure Rock Fury

The new stuff sounded great live. The new album is really starting to grow on me. I didn't like Electric Worry on my first couple of listens, but really enjoy it now.

What a great band these guys are.
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    smarchee wrote:
    I just saw Clutch on Saturday night in Toronto at The Opera House. I have seen them at least 6 times before, and that was the best performance that I have been witnessed to. The setlist was incredible. They rocked from the moment they stepped on stage with Mice & Gods, to the final tune, Pure Rock Fury.

Mice and Gods
    Promoter (Of Earthbound Causes)
    I Have The Body Of John Wilkes Booth
    Child of The City
    Soapmakers
    Burning Beard
    Profits of Doom
    Prison Planet
    You Cant Stop The Progress
    Power Player
    Mob Goes Wild
    The Regulator
    Gravel Road
    Electric Worry
    One Eye Dollar
    Texan Book Of The Dead
    Big News I
    Pure Rock Fury

The new stuff sounded great live. The new album is really starting to grow on me. I didn't like Electric Worry on my first couple of listens, but really enjoy it now.

What a great band these guys are.

that's a wicked setlist, gravel road must've brought the house down, i only saw em once in 2001 before i was really into them too...
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
    Lost_Clay wrote:
    that's a wicked setlist, gravel road must've brought the house down, i only saw em once in 2001 before i was really into them too...

Gravel Road, right after The Regulators, was fearsome back-to-back. Once Soapmakers was played, I headed to the edge of the pit, just to be closer to the rocking and madness taking place at the front. Yes, Gravel Road rocked. The last time I saw them in 05, that was the capper of the night, and it rocked too then.

And you're right, it was a MONSTER setlist, the best I have ever been witness too. Hence, this was the best Clutch show of the 8 I have been too. You cannot go wrong going to see this amazing band.
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    Just got back from the show...holy shit. Played some different stuff than what I see above. Ship Of Gold, Wishbone, The Elephant Riders, Brazenhead, Slow Hole To China, Rats, Pulaski Skyway, Cypress Grove. New shit sounds awesome...can't believe they pushed it back a week!
    pjl44 wrote:
    Just got back from the show...holy shit. Played some different stuff than what I see above. Ship Of Gold, Wishbone, The Elephant Riders, Brazenhead, Slow Hole To China, Rats, Pulaski Skyway, Cypress Grove. New shit sounds awesome...can't believe they pushed it back a week!

got this setlist from the Clutch message board for the show:

Slow Hole to China (Seriously.)
    Release the Dub Jam (That's what it sounded like to me. Questionable though.)
    Big News 1/Jam
    You Can't Stop the Progress
    The Rapture of Riddley Walker
    Brazenhead/Jam
    Pulaski Skyway
    Wishbone
    Profits of Doom
    Rats/Jam
    Mr. Shiny Cadillackness
    Cypress Grove/Extended Jam
    The Elephant Riders
    Ship of Gold
    Escape from the Prison Planet/Extended Jam (This was probably the best jam I've ever heard from Clutch. Absolutely stunning.)
    White's Ferry/Jam
    Texan Book of the Dead
    Mice and Gods
    Gravel Road

Encore: Electric Worry/One Eye Dollar

The poster seemed to believe this was the best Clutch show he has seen. If it was anything like in Toronto, I can see why
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • The VacantThe Vacant Posts: 271
    That Boston show has a SICK setlist! Slow Hole in the #2, followed up with a Big News I jam sandwitch, and the run of Profits -> Prison Planet would have made my night. I just hope they add Guild of Mute Assassins to the mix, and bring back Open Up the Border, by the time they hit Philly.