pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,254
edited February 2008 in Other Music
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ChrisChris Posts: 116
    You beat me to it! So excited.
  • This bodes very well for the album.
  • Oh fuck yes.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
    People - its disturbs me that this thread has already slipped off the first page. This is a big deal (well it is to me!) - does nobody care about the first Gutter Twins music?
  • Chris wrote:
    People - its disturbs me that this thread has already slipped off the first page. This is a big deal (well it is to me!) - does nobody care about the first Gutter Twins music?

I haven't stopped listening to it since I posted.:p I know facepollution will be excited about it, and a couple of others.

For those who don't know, this is Mark Lanegan and Greg Dulli rocking like motherfuckers.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • sadprofessorsadprofessor Posts: 1,034
    I saw the review this morning on pitchfork and I can't wait to get home so I can listen to it.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • Fuck it! I read this about an hour after everyone else is asleep, so now I cant listen to it til tomorrow.

I may have trouble sleepin now, cheers, lol.

(my headfones busted)
  • have tickets to see them in san francisco. so fucking psyched.
  • Fuck it! I read this about an hour after everyone else is asleep, so now I cant listen to it til tomorrow.

I may have trouble sleepin now, cheers, lol.

(my headfones busted)

Make sure you download it, rather than just streaming it. The download is only available till midnight tonight.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,254
    Sounds incredible...can't wait for the Bowery show! I wonder who will be in the touring band? And with one album, there's bound to be some Whigs/Twilight Singers/Screaming Trees/Lanegan Band tunes, right? Right?
  • They named their album after me!
  • pjl44 wrote:
    Sounds incredible...can't wait for the Bowery show! I wonder who will be in the touring band? And with one album, there's bound to be some Whigs/Twilight Singers/Screaming Trees/Lanegan Band tunes, right? Right?

I know at the one gig they've played under the name "The Gutter Twins", they played a lot of those songs, but that was before they had the album under their belt. Then again, it was a far shorter show.

Setlist (2005 11 09):
    Front Street (Gutter Twins)
    I'm On My Way (Mahalia Jackson)
    Dollar Bill (Screaming Trees)
    Strange Fruit (Billie Holiday)
    What Jail Is Like (Whigs)
    Papillon (Twilight Singers)
    Autopilot (QOTSA)
    Where Did You Sleep Last Night (Lanegan)

EDIT: I can upload this concert if anyone doesn't have it.
    I'm already calling this as a strong candidate for record of the year... there is just no way it won't be amazing.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • I haven't stopped listening to it since I posted.:p I know facepollution will be excited about it, and a couple of others.

For those who don't know, this is Mark Lanegan and Greg Dulli rocking like motherfuckers.

Oh hell yes I'm excited, this sounds FUCKING WICKED! Of course I expected nothing less from Dulli and Lanegan, and yes it could easily be record of the year if this is anything to go by. Can't wait to see them next month.
  • The track rocks. I've got tickets for the amsterdam gig, and I can't wait for the album.
  • I know at the one gig they've played under the name "The Gutter Twins", they played a lot of those songs, but that was before they had the album under their belt. Then again, it was a far shorter show.

Setlist (2005 11 09):
    Front Street (Gutter Twins)
    I'm On My Way (Mahalia Jackson)
    Dollar Bill (Screaming Trees)
    Strange Fruit (Billie Holiday)
    What Jail Is Like (Whigs)
    Papillon (Twilight Singers)
    Autopilot (QOTSA)
    Where Did You Sleep Last Night (Lanegan)

EDIT: I can upload this concert if anyone doesn't have it.

If the quality is decent, I'd love to hear that.
  • If the quality is decent, I'd love to hear that.

I'll be uploading it later tonight, and I'll post a link for everyone.:)
  • Another new song, "Stations", is streaming on their Myspace.:D
    Another new song, "Stations", is streaming on their Myspace.:D
    This is amazing - the second song is Dulli and Lanegan at their best. Genius.
  • As promised: Gutter Twins, live in Rome.

Enjoy, everyone.:D

(On a side note, I think I got it wrong - the Idle Hands download is up till Sunday. Grab it while you can.)
    Holy shit...The Stations is even better. Will this actually exceed my expectations? Hot damn I'm excited...

I hear the rapture's comin'/they say he'll be here soon
    Right now there's demons crawlin'/all around my room
    pjl44 wrote:
    Holy shit...The Stations is even better. Will this actually exceed my expectations? Hot damn I'm excited...

I hear the rapture's comin'/they say he'll be here soon
    Right now there's demons crawlin'/all around my room

Yeah this one was killer on the first listen, Idle Hands took me a few to get into it... Goddamn this is gonna be good.
    As promised: Gutter Twins, live in Rome.

Enjoy, everyone.:D

(On a side note, I think I got it wrong - the Idle Hands download is up till Sunday. Grab it while you can.)

Thanks!!
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    Lanegan is so horribly underrated. His voice and emotion are incredible. If you can find it, download "Wheels" of Scraps at Midnight. Wow.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • This album is going to be fucking crazy good, I really can't wait!

Cheers Rhinocerous for the download :)
  • When's the album come out folks ?
  • its out 4th March

and i love both the new tracks. i knida think idle hands is more dulli and the stations is more lanegan.

and i love both.

Cheers for the download, btw xxx

roll on 21st feb
  • its out 4th March

and i love both the new tracks. i knida think idle hands is more dulli and the stations is more lanegan.

and i love both.

Cheers for the download, btw xxx

roll on 21st feb

No problem.:)

For anyone interested in Lanegan, and the thousands of projects he's associated with (:p), you could do worse than checking out the forums at http://www.onewhiskey.com. Lots of downloads, info, whatever you need.
  • Bump!

Everyone should hear these two songs, they're both amazing.
  • This thread needs to be bumped. The Stations in phenomenal!!!
    I can't wait for the bowery show on 2/14!