I miss Big Wreck

pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,216
edited August 2007 in Other Music
Get the band back together! Listened to both The Pleasure And The Greed and In Loving Memory Of today. Two fantastic albums beginning to end...

Big Wreck:Thornley::Soundgarden:Audioslave
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    I saw these guys at a festival back in 1998! Had some pretty cool stuff. Sadly I don't remember any of the song names, but I thought they were pretty cool.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • MCGMCG Posts: 780
    pjl44 wrote:
    Big Wreck:Thornley::Soundgarden:Audioslave

That is a good analogy. Though, I've heard a bit from the new Thornley album (we'll see if it ever comes out) and it's actually pretty good.

I too miss Big Wreck, "In Loving Memory Of" and "The Pleasure and the Greed" never seem to sit in the cd case too long without a spin.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,216
    MCG wrote:
    That is a good analogy. Though, I've heard a bit from the new Thornley album (we'll see if it ever comes out) and it's actually pretty good.

That's good news...when is it supposed to come out? I didn't dislike their first record, it just wasn't anywhere near as interesting as Big Wreck.
  • sickwilliesickwillie Posts: 178
    You've inspired me to crank up "The Oaf", and it still sounds as amazing ten years later. I too wish Ian would get the boys back together. He's much too talented to be cranking out that generic Nickelback sounding crap. At the very least, I hope this new Thornley album is a step away from that. We'll wait and see, I guess.
    "We've done really well with teenage death songs." -EV
    pjl44 wrote:
    That's good news...when is it supposed to come out? I didn't dislike their first record, it just wasn't anywhere near as interesting as Big Wreck.

Your guess is as good as mine, no release date as of yet that I know of.
    Which came first,
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,216
    MCG wrote:
    Your guess is as good as mine, no release date as of yet that I know of.

Where did you hear the new songs?
    pjl44 wrote:
    Where did you hear the new songs?

Live, and that was about a year ago now.
    Which came first,