More new Porcupine Tree in September!!

pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,216
edited August 2007 in Other Music
Nil Recurring EP

Porcupine Tree release a new EP/mini-album in September called "Nil Recurring". It will feature 4 tracks (just under 30 minutes of music) that were written during the Fear of a Blank Planet sessions, including the title track featuring Robert Fripp on guitar, and "Cheating the Polygraph", which was premiered on the 2006 tour, but subsequently left off the Fear of a Blank Planet album. More news on availability of the EP soon.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Holy crap that's amazing! I can't wait for that.
  • DocChicagoDocChicago Posts: 653
    This is a good thing. I wonder if the songs all have the same theme as the Fear of a Blank Planet album.

They're also touring in the US in the fall again. I missed them in May, so I'm not missing this.
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    ive heard so much about this band

what albums should i start on becuase i know they have quite a few!?
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,216
    I BrisK I wrote:
    ive heard so much about this band

what albums should i start on becuase i know they have quite a few!?

In Absentia or Deadwing is probably the best place to start if you're just getting into them. I'm a huge fan of their middle-period stuff like Lightbulb Sun and Stupid Dream (Warszawa is a live album that captures songs from both). It's all pretty straight-ahead stuff, though...great band.