Options

Love for RCHP One Hot Minute

TheEvolutionTheEvolution Posts: 143
edited March 2006 in Other Music
Who thinks this is one of RCHP's best albums. Even though John is not on the album Dave still kicks ass on guitar and with songs like Aeroplane and Coffe Shop how can you not love this album. Def their most under rated
"Being undecided...it's dangerous. And I'll give you a perfect example: people with mullets, that's indecision."-EV

9/28/05-PNC
5/30/06-DC
6/23/06-Pittsburgh
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    Id say this is probably the most underrated because of the simple fact that most people hate it and its actually a really good album. A few filler ish songs, but there are also some awesome songs like "Aeroplane" and "Transcending", not to mention the incredible "One Hot Minute"
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    people must really like this album here..second thread in a week aboot this album.
    but yeh..i love it...3rd favorite behind Mother's Milk and BSSM.
    like every track on it as well.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    dan_vedderdan_vedder Posts: 213
    can't stand dave, hes so creepy...johnny f rips him up!! aeroplanes a great song though
    Ten Club member 363***

7/11/06, 8/11/06, 18/11/06

escape is never the safest plan...
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    i think Dave is great..but yeh John fits in with RHCP alot better.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    Very under-rated album. Dave is more of a rock musician than a funk/punk pop one so alot of die hard chili fans hated it.

It took them a while to get the album made as they needed to get used to Dave's way of playing, but it worked very well IMO.

Frusciante is still better though. :D
  • Options
    MCGMCG Posts: 780
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    people must really like this album here..second thread in a week aboot this album.
    but yeh..i love it...3rd favorite behind Mother's Milk and BSSM.
    like every track on it as well.

right you are. Regardless though, great record!
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • Options
    yeah, One Hot Minute is definitely a great album, and it does seem to get dumped on by a lot of the hard core fans, but i love it. I do like Frusciante better, but there are so many good tunes on this album that i have to give it up for Dave filling in nicely.
    -one thing to remember, always have a good time, all the time
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    This is my favorite Chili Pepper album. That being said, I love what John brings to the band, and when I saw them in concert, he was easily my favorite person to watch/listen to. I think he is the best part of the band. However, this record is fucking awesome.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    Dick JonesDick Jones Posts: 777
    Fuck you asshole, you homophobic, redneck dick.
    Are you too good to tango with the poor poor boys?
  • Options
    Dick Jones wrote:
    Fuck you asshole, you homophobic, redneck dick.

hahah whatever you say champ
    "Being undecided...it's dangerous. And I'll give you a perfect example: people with mullets, that's indecision."-EV

9/28/05-PNC
    5/30/06-DC
    6/23/06-Pittsburgh
  • Options
    XiangXiang Posts: 73
    I like One Hot Minute a lot also. Not their best but still very good!
  • Options
    LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    hahah whatever you say champ

its a quote from "Pea"

one of the filler ish songs i mentioned haha

And its kind of a shame that they put those fillers on cuz if you listen to the outtakes from this album on itunes they seem better than several of the tracks that did make OHM
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • Options
    LedZepFan wrote:
    its a quote from "Pea"

one of the filler ish songs i mentioned haha

And its kind of a shame that they put those fillers on cuz if you listen to the outtakes from this album on itunes they seem better than several of the tracks that did make OHM

Haha yeah i realized that like an hour after i posted that lol i was like shit that wasn't nice. But being from WV i have gotten some un freindly comments, oh well haha

9/28/05-PNC
    5/30/06-DC
    6/23/06-Pittsburgh