Springsteen Fans

FatalFootstepsFatalFootsteps Posts: 46
edited July 2007 in Other Music
I have recently got into Bruce Springsteen's music this past year, I bought some dvds (Blood Brothers/Storytellers/Live in NYC/Born to Run Box Set) and I have a few cds like Born to Run/Greatest Hits/Greetings for Ashbury Park.
I was wondering if anyone could suggest some more Springsteen dvds/cds or where I could find some good live stuff, anyone have some good mp3s? I would like to find that storytellers dvd on cd, I really like some of the diiferent version he did on it.
Thanks
Things were different then. All is different now.
I tried to explain. Somehow.

Hamilton 05
Halifax 05
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    You need to buy Bruce with the E Street Band - Live in Dublin. Amazing show.

Also I would recommend The Rising and Nebraska.
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    tunnel of love.
  • Nebraska, Darkness on the Edge of Town, The motha fuckin River,.. lots of great stuff to choose from. :cool:
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    or you can check the uncle bruce springsteen thread,

there are even some shows there for download.

other sites:

greasylake.com

the btx index.

:)
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    I really like Devils and Dust.

All the Way Home is my favorite off of that one.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    You need to buy Bruce with the E Street Band - Live in Dublin. Amazing show.

Also I would recommend The Rising and Nebraska.

Dublin is w/ the Seegar sessions band. Barcelona is w/ the E Street Band and that is an amazing show.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,848
    the hammersmith odeon DVD
    the ony bruce Ill ever need is that DVD
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    yeah. buy all the 70s stuff (asbury park, wild & innocent, BTR, Darkness) and i guess buy the River (i'd download the good songs cuz there's a LOT of filler). you NEED to buy Nebraska like NOW. BITUSA is hit or miss, songs like Downbound Train, I'm On Fire, Cover Me, and I'm Goin' Down are essential. get Tunnel of Love too. disc 3 of the Essential set is worth owning but get that from iTunes-along w/ Sts of Philly, Secret Garden, Murder Inc., American Skin and Land of Hopes And Dreams. Devils & Dust is amazing and a handfull of Seeger Sessions is worth owning (Eyes on the Prize, Erie Canal, Old Dan Tucker, O Mary Don't You Weap, Pay Me My Money, How Can A Poor Man..). Plus there's aTON of unreleased shit you NEED to get. PM me for a list and i'll try to point you in the right direction. Live 75-85 Box is worth picking up too. trust me.
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Dublin is w/ the Seegar sessions band. Barcelona is w/ the E Street Band and that is an amazing show.

Oops yes my bad! :o Getting confused lately, must be my age!! Haha :D
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    I'd suggest the 1975-1985 live box set. Usually I find live albums pretty bad but this is great.

I think you can't really go wrong with Bruce Springsteen, really. Lucky Town, Human Touch and Ghost of Tom Joad are a bit iffy, IMO but everything else is great. I especially love anything between Asbury Park and Nebraska. SO BUY THESE ALBUMS NOW:

Greetings From Asbury Park
    E Street Shuffle
    Born To Run
    Darkness On The Edge of Town
    The River
    Nebraska