She & Him

gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447
edited March 2008 in Other Music
I posted this in AET and it died, but I need to post it. I really really like this.

http://www.myspace.com/sheandhim

The actress Zooey Deshanel is the singer, amazing voice.
Happiness is only real when shared
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• soclosesoclose Posts: 628
    I have no idea who Zooey Deshanel is and I've not been impressed by what I've heard from M. Ward before, but for some reason I've been curious about this album. I'm listening to the first song streaming on their myspace page and I really like it. I may have to get this next month.

Thanks for sharing the link.:)
  • AvocadoLadyAvocadoLady Posts: 680
    I saw them last week at SXSW. I wasn't expecting much from Zooey (figured she was just another movie star with rock star aspirations) but she had an AMAZING voice. The record doesn't do it justice. Really lovely.
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • soclosesoclose Posts: 628
    I ended up listening to 4 or 5 of the songs this morning - and I LOVED it! I have to get this album as soon as my emusic downloads refresh at the end of the month. I'm quite impressed by that girl's style!
  • CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    She actually sang her own parts in Elf, she was the blone co-worker girl, if you've seen the movie then maybe that will impress you. I didn't think there was any way it was her in the movie.

The first song on the Myspace page is pretty good, pretty surprising, but it sounds like a fun album.