A.i.c.....

bubbamackdaddy69bubbamackdaddy69 Posts: 576
edited March 2008 in Other Music
Just a thread about AIC....I love PJ big time but gotta give itup for an amazing band!...AIC from beginning to end were amazing and fell short because of drug abuse....Well...they still live on as of now..(Which are not bad in my opinion) but not the same without Layne Staley.....
Just wanna give my 2 thumbs up to this amazing band here....
Damn.... Dirt????WTF what an album eh?... Facelift,jar of Flies etc...all of them were awesome but Dirt was just a classic , hard rock/punk/grunge whatever you wanna call it good music...one of the bands I wish I would have seen live...as well with Blind Melon...
Anyone here have seen them LIVE ?...How are they? I bet amazing !
Master of Zen
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• spnkrispnkri Posts: 137
    I'm still pissed I didn't get to see them. I had tickets to AIC in 1992 when they were opening for Ozzy, but then Ozzy called in sick the day of the concert so the whole thing was cancelled and never rescheduled. And then Ozzy was on Headbangers Ball live the next night and he looked fine. The only reason I bought a ticket was to see AIC. Now I fear I'll never get to see Layne.
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    You may get to see both of these bands together this summer:

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=276421
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    AIC were an amazing band,with Layne.Haven't really followed their new incarnation.I first saw them by chance at Edinburgh Playhouse supporting Megadeth and The Almighty :( (bf was into both bands).I was a bit fed up so decided to go into the hall rather than sit in the bar.I hadn't heard of AIC but they blew me away.It was early 90's pre Facelift release,they looked and sounded so different,Layne with his long long dreads shaking about.I was hooked.Saw them many times over a period of years was deeply affected when Layne died,especially being discovered potentialy weeks after dying.
    Saw Blind Melon support Lenny Kravitz (can't stand that twat,but left after B.M).Sadly Shannon was in the no way back from the drugs by that time and it was a shambolic mess.He was stumbling and falling all over the stage and his voice was fucked.It was one of the saddest performances I have seen.A true waste of a sweet singer.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    does anyone have AIC doing Bowie's "Suffragette City" they can upload for me? i heard this song years ago but for some reason was unable to an mp3 of it.

thanks
  • one of my very favourite bands!! i have all their stuff and it is all incredible. saw them in london in 2006 and was very impressed with duvall singing. cool guy too when we met him outside the venue.
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    I love AIC but haven't been able to get into their new incarnation.
    There was something about Layne's voice that just made everything sound so DAMN sexy...
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • spnkri wrote:
    I'm still pissed I didn't get to see them. I had tickets to AIC in 1992 when they were opening for Ozzy, but then Ozzy called in sick the day of the concert so the whole thing was cancelled and never rescheduled. And then Ozzy was on Headbangers Ball live the next night and he looked fine. The only reason I bought a ticket was to see AIC. Now I fear I'll never get to see Layne.

Yeah that really sucks....Damn....
    Master of Zen
  • PJPATPJPAT Posts: 399
    I had the pleasure to see them a few times.

I was body surfing and layned jumped in next to me during sick man at the Aragon in Chicago. Do not recall the year.

Some fool stole his shoe and that pissed him off and when he got back to the stage he left. a beer and some drumbsticks had to be traded to get his shoe back and they came out to do Rooster and Would to close it.

Classic show though. They were even greater live.

I saw them 2 years ago with the new singer and had a great time also. i would do it again if they did another tour.
    "All the money you make will never buy back your soul" Bob Dylan

"I need honesty, I need truth, and I need hope...I need it! That's what music means to me." EV