Band of Horses, yay or nay?

murphsmurphs Posts: 11
edited January 2008 in Other Music
I just discovered this band and think they are awesome. What say you everyone?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• yay
  • yay, love their latest record.
  • Yay.

Seeing them live next month.
  • rcsrcs Posts: 711
    YAY! Love 'em.
    E agora? Faz xixi na mão e deita fora!
  • Love these guys...started a post about it a while back (below) and since then have gotten way into these guys.

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=269228&highlight=band+horses
    Bob Loblaw's Law Blog: "Why should YOU go to jail for a crime someone else noticed?"
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    yay!!
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • yay.
  • I haven't gotten too into em, but I got in the car the other day with a buddy who was listening to them and I could have sworn it was Jim James of MMJ. How many albums do they have? If any of you were to reccomend an album/song, what would it be?
    When Jesus said "Love your enemies" he probably didn't mean kill them...

"Sometimes I think I'd be better off dead. No, wait, not me, you." -Deep Toughts, Jack Handy
  • some of their stuff is great, while some of it showcases his screeching voice a lil too much for my tastes, making it unlistenable.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • Hooray and Yay! I am seeing them this weekend. I am kind of torn though, it is Super Bowl Sunday, and Band Of Horses plays Sun. Night. Am I less of an American if I go to a concert on the biggest night of sports all year long?
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Yay. Been listening to Cease to Begin quite a bit. Great album.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • amazing
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Yay!
    NERDS!
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    Yay!
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    Hooray and Yay! I am seeing them this weekend. I am kind of torn though, it is Super Bowl Sunday, and Band Of Horses plays Sun. Night. Am I less of an American if I go to a concert on the biggest night of sports all year long?
    no way...go to the show and love every minute of it!!!!! they put on such an amazing show...one of the best live shows i've ever seen (and that's including pearl jam) :)

i can't wait to see them in 2 weeks. it was going to be 2 nights in a row, but they had to postpone the sunday show to march 21st. oh well...i'll just go to the make up show and then to the next night here in ybor. yes...i love them that much!!
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    "is there a ghost in my house..."

kick ass.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • SchokiSchoki Posts: 5,072
    Yay !
  • HatfieldHatfield Posts: 122
    I loved the first album and then felt like they went the wrong direction on the second. It sounds like they are trying to sell some records to 14 year old girls with that second one.
    '96 - 10/5
    '98 - 9/1 9/4 9/18
    '00 - 8/6 8/7 8/15 8/17 9/5
    '03 - 4/9 4/15 4/19 7/11 7/12
    '04 - 10/6 10/8
    '05 - 9/11 9/12 9/13 9/15
    '06 - 5/27 5/28 7/7 7/13 7/18 7/22 7/23
  • I bought Cease to Begin on a whim after reading such good things and was very uninspired after a couple of listens. Although I find with albums like that that don't hit me right away if a put them away for a while and then go back to them....then I get it....sometimes. I haven't gone back to it yet so the verdict is still out. Basically, this is a non-vote so I just wasted your time
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,968
    Band of GYPSIES! Hendrix. Machine Gun, Power of Love.....
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Hatfield wrote:
    I loved the first album and then felt like they went the wrong direction on the second. It sounds like they are trying to sell some records to 14 year old girls with that second one.

Totally agree. The first album was incredible. The second album was a huge letdown for me, I don't hate it, but it's not great. I do feel that the singer stole a little bit of Jim James' vocal style.
  • MasterFramerMasterFramer Posts: 2,268
    murphs wrote:
    I just discovered this band and think they are awesome. What say you everyone?

The My Morning Jacket rip off band? :D Booooooooo!
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • [size=+3]YAY!!!!!!!![/size]
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
  • After seeing them live.. nay. I realized every song sounded the same... he had like a same repeated voice part in the song, the drumming was very similar... not only that, they had 4 guitarists, for what? To play those chords over and over again... and every song had like the same guitar chording... it was so lame and uncreative... when I listened to an album, I could handle it, but not like every song since they all sound the same... definitely nay.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • Hooray and Yay! I am seeing them this weekend. I am kind of torn though, it is Super Bowl Sunday, and Band Of Horses plays Sun. Night. Am I less of an American if I go to a concert on the biggest night of sports all year long?
    No. Shit teams playing the super bowl.

Rock On,
    Loyal Charger Fan
    San Diego, July 07, 2006
    Los Angeles, July 10, 2006
    Bridge School Benefit, October 21, 2006
    Bridge School Benefit, October 22, 2006
    Lollapalooza, August 5th, 2007
    eV., Los Angeles April 12, 2008
    eV., San Diego April 15, 2008
    Given to Fly___..
  • Holy fuckin shit. I am so glad that I went to the show. Band of Horses was a phenomenal concert. They sounded great, solid show, ton of energy, and just plain joy visible on the band members' faces.
  • vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    I like them a lot (hope they play Bumbershoot)... but wouldn't it be "Yay or Neigh"?
    be philanthropic
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    like them, remind me a lot of MMJ
  • I don't think "yay" is a word. "Yea" sounds like "yay". Neigh is correct, and appropriate, since that is the sound horses make.