Options

New Sliver Of Hope For Us Pink Floyd Fans (nick Mason Quote)

mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,319
edited June 2006 in Other Music
Over on NME.com there's a little article about him doing some drumming for Waters and Gilmoure for some of their solo shows. Anyway he says that he thinks that the two can put the past behind, and he feels pretty confident that Pink Floyd will give it on more run!! Keep your fingers crossed !!
sorry for no link
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,789
    mr bungle wrote:
    Over on NME.com there's a little article about him doing some drumming for Waters and Gilmoure for some of their solo shows. Anyway he says that he thinks that the two can put the past behind, and he feels pretty confident that Pink Floyd will give it on more run!! Keep your fingers crossed !!
    sorry for no link

i've actually heard Roger Waters (of all people) say that they can leave the past behind. sadly, i've also heard a quote from David Gilmour (just after Live 8) saying that he wouldn't be too excited to do a Floyd tour. however, i think Gilmour would come around if the other three were in agreement. also, it's about time Waters stopped being such a prissy asshole
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Sadly, Gilmour is the problem.

but there's always hope..
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,451
    Waters is doing 3 shows at the Hollywood bowl (equals over 50,000 total tickets sold), so it looks as if people are satisfied to get their floyd from him.

David Gilmour did a few solo shows here in the spring, but sold only 8-9,000 tickets.

I wonder how much more money Waters would expect if they did regroup.
  • Options
    Sadly, Gilmour is the problem.

but there's always hope..
    yeah, i think you are right. I get the feeling Roger is def ready for one more go around. For some reason Gilmour can't let shit go. Can you imagine one last huge fucking tour!!!! I'm surprised they haven't done it just for the money they could raise for charity. They seem like t hey're into philanthropy and important causes. It will be a waste if this generation doesn't get to see them play proper.
  • Options
    Gilmour has said he dosn't rule out maybe 1 more one off show but if Live 8 is the lot then I'm satified. I wasn't that excited by Gilmor's album but would have loved to catch him live considering his set list. He hasn't ruled out another solo album so maybe another tour.

Having said that pigs did fly last July so who knows!
  • Options
    They should do what Cream did play at a venue for like a week and call it a day. But if they dont ever play together again i think Live 8 was a great sendoff.
  • Options
    I agree with all you on live 8, if that is truly the last of it. That was a hell of a way to go out. They sounded great. I wach the dvd quite often, and am very greatfull we got that performance. Even though it was too short.
  • Options
    mr bungle wrote:
    I agree with all you on live 8, if that is truly the last of it. That was a hell of a way to go out. They sounded great. I wach the dvd quite often, and am very greatfull we got that performance. Even though it was too short.
    that's how i feel.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    exolsticeexolstice Posts: 85
    It would be one hell of a nice surprise if they did do one last tour.