Lithium - sirius radio

reversedarwinismreversedarwinism Posts: 1,151
edited September 2007 in Other Music
Just got Dish recently and we have the sirius radio stations this lithium station has to be the best I've ever heard, ever. Really like the best ever. Absolutely perfect for my tastes. XM has got nothing like this.
bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• My friend has Sirius in her car and we just leave it on that station when we're in there. Great station. I was thinking how perfect it was for my tastes the other day.
  • Good forum for me to bring this up, but I've listened to this station for a few months now, and I gotta say I'm sick of hearing the same hits over and over again. Same ole Oasis, Candlebox, Creed songs (all bands I hate). Same 2-3 songs from the Toadies, POTUSA, MotherLoveBone, etc. Not a lot of variety in those songs. I understand why and all, but it's just tiresome.

That said, the variety of PJ, Soundgarden, Nirvana, and AIC is good, but that's about it. I still listen, but flick around more than I used to.
    I love to turn you on
  • I'm a huge fan of the channel Leftofcenter...I'm not sure of the number though, its 20-something.
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER Posts: 6,499
    Just got Dish recently and we have the sirius radio stations this lithium station has to be the best I've ever heard, ever. Really like the best ever. Absolutely perfect for my tastes. XM has got nothing like this.
    Don't tell me there's not any good radio stations down there in C town :P
    BTW, Lithium kicks ass and so does Dish Network. I recently switched over to dish as well because our local cable provider has been a serious pain.....it was a good decision.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Meh. WMMR is free. :)

Too bad I don't get it up here in Bloomsburg for college. One of the things I miss about home is driving around and listening to WMMR.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Good forum for me to bring this up, but I've listened to this station for a few months now, and I gotta say I'm sick of hearing the same hits over and over again. Same ole Oasis, Candlebox, Creed songs (all bands I hate). Same 2-3 songs from the Toadies, POTUSA, MotherLoveBone, etc. Not a lot of variety in those songs. I understand why and all, but it's just tiresome.

That said, the variety of PJ, Soundgarden, Nirvana, and AIC is good, but that's about it. I still listen, but flick around more than I used to.

totally agree......although it is nice when the artist alert for pj goes off and i switch to lithium and LEASH!!!!.....i don't think i ever heard leash on regular radio.....:)
  • Lithium is still kicking my ass. Its about the only station I can just leave all day. State of Love and Trust just came on, btw. Their will be some crap everyonce in a great while, some offspring and everclear fairly regualarly but overall its the best station ever, IMO. I can take the few downsides when so many great songs of my favorite style of music are 85 - 90% of it.

Talking with someone about Sirius radio yeasterday; someone said, "still listening to the same stuff you have for 15 years?" Yep. Lovin it.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    I love my Sirius; so much in fact that I took the antenna off my car so I could get a better FM transmitter signal. I like Left of Center and Lithium the best. I also like hoe you can program 24 bands you like and it will take you to any statoin whenever a song of theirs comes on.
  • I disagree with XM having nothing like Lithium. I have XM and usually leave it on Lucy(90's alternative) but also will jump over to Ethel(Modern Alternative). both stations play PJ, with Lucy also mixing in the other "grunge" era artists that you mention. The nice things is that Lucy doesn't always play the same songs from those bands and sometimes they'll go deep into the catalogs. I've heard Undone, Strangest Tribe, etc.
    I am Jack, The Pumpkin King!
    The eyes are the groin of the head.
  • One of my pre-sets..decent stuff..but as noted..a little "too much" AIC and STP for me..

I like Left of Center and First Wave as well..so worth the $$ getting Sirius.