The Killers

reversedarwinismreversedarwinism Posts: 1,151
edited September 2007 in Other Music
Just semi-recently discorvering this band's two cds. Absolutely fucking amazing the best new band that I've heard in a long long time. Hot Fuss is such a brilliant, raw album. And I like Sam's Town almost as much.
bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    agreed! One of the few new bands that I like, I heard Sam's Town first so i like that album better, but Hot Fuss is excellent as well, plus I like the fact that the lead singer isn't afraid to express how he feels about all the garbage rock MTV plays!
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • i like the killers also, at first i couldnt decide if i hated them or loved them. but their albums are good and worth buying. but...they arent that new. they came out about 6 years ago. ;)
  • NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    TheGossman wrote:
    agreed! One of the few new bands that I like, I heard Sam's Town first so i like that album better, but Hot Fuss is excellent as well, plus I like the fact that the lead singer isn't afraid to express how he feels about all the garbage rock MTV plays!
    the killers had a shot at being great

than that garbage sams town came out

and they fell in line with the one album wonders
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    they came out about 6 years ago. ;)
    sams town last year there smart man
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    i find them to be repetitive and boring
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • Hot Fuss has some good tunes in it, Sam's Town really sucks though, even the hits on the radio grew stale real fast.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • NOCODE#1 wrote:
    sams town last year there smart man

haha sorry about that. i got confused. :)
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    that mr brightside song turns my stomach... came out at a bad time for me. i can't listen to them now.
  • They're emo and they suck.

hahaha thats harsh :) ....at least they arent AS bad as panic at the disco now they suck ;)
  • the killers rock sam's town is the best album of 2007
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me

No, I don't think so. I mean the part about you liking them or not is your opinion, but I surely don't think you could catagorize them as one of the "emo" bands at all. I did check into "emo" quite a bit a while back, and it definately has a signature sound. The Killers sound nothing like that at all. They are pretty unique, IMO.

Anyway, I really did Sam's Town, but I just can't get over Hot Fuss yet. I'm playing it more than anything else lately. Favorite song started off being "Somebody told me", but after playing so much, its "Smile like you mean it" now.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • i like some stuff....definitely not all their work, but when i like it i love it.

the song bling of sams town is sweet and a handful of others, i respect them. they got a lot of bad media putting out their second disc, as most bands whose first album sells 5 million will get...they are okay, by me. i thought "when you were young" was a great lead single too. they could be the next u2 in a couple of years and are going to take some flak for it during their years getting groomed to lead rock for a decade or so......some of sams towns solos, if you put that in blind to people, they might say it was u2.

uplifting riffing. say that five times fast.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • the killers rock sam's town is the best album of 2007

Pretty sure it came out in 2006, its a shit album nobody what year it came out in, a huge disappointment and not even in the top 10 albums of the year.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • Pretty sure it came out in 2006, its a shit album nobody what year it came out in, a huge disappointment and not even in the top 10 albums of the year.
    yeah it was 2006 my bad..that's what i meant. shit to you maybe but it's great in my opinion.
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • Just semi-recently discorvering this band's two cds. Absolutely fucking amazing the best new band that I've heard in a long long time. Hot Fuss is such a brilliant, raw album. And I like Sam's Town almost as much.

they rock! I like Bright Side, that Somebody Told Me one (don't think that's the right title), Can You Read My Mind, and a few others. I should check out the actual cds.
  • I enjoy both Hot Fuss and Sam's Town equally. They really changed there sound with Sam's Town which I dug. I can tell they really want to be the next U2 with there guitar riffs and rock pop songs.

In fact Brandon Flowers joined U2 for In a Little While at a U2 show I went to in Vegas in 05. It was killer, no pun intended.
    10/31/2000 (****)
    6/7/2003 (***1/2)
    7/9/2006 (****1/2)
    7/13/2006 (**** )
    4/10/2008 EV Solo (****1/2)
    6/25/2008 MSG II (*****)
    10/1/2009 LA II (****)
    10/6/2009 LA III (***** Cornell!!!)