Full Moon Fever

reversedarwinismreversedarwinism Posts: 1,151
edited March 2008 in Other Music
I pulled out this cassette a few days ago and have played it more than anything at work. I forgot what an excellent album this is. I remember buying it for "yer so bad", but "face in a crowd" is my favorite. Its definately a crowd pleaser, too.
bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Very great album. This was a CD my dad had that I got into at a really young age and it has many good songs. I'm a big fan of I Won't Back Down, Yer So Bad and Face in the Crowd.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Great album indeed, some of his best work. Face In The Crowd is one of my favorites as well, you have just inspired me to give it a listen because it has been awhile.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    i agree. i think that a face in the crowd is one of his best songs and its a fantasic album.
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    running down a dream.
  • TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431
    I love this album! My second favorite by Tom.. right behind Wildflowers (which is in my top 5 records of all time). the guy's got some songwriting talent:cool:
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.
  • pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    Amazing album. Half of it is solid songwriting and the other half is just great pop tunes. Such a catchy album. I love Tom Petty.
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    I pulled out this cassette a few days ago and have played it more than anything at work. I forgot what an excellent album this is. I remember buying it for "yer so bad", but "face in a crowd" is my favorite. Its definately a crowd pleaser, too.

The first Petty album I ever got into. I think I was like 9 and remember just playing "yer so bad and "I won't back down on repeat so many times, drove my mom nuts. :D Hey at least they got me into great music though.

Great great album for sure. Not a bad song on it.
    Face in the crowd is fun to play on bass too.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12