Ultramega OK

reversedarwinismreversedarwinism Posts: 1,151
edited September 2006 in Other Music
i got this album about 6 or 7 months ago to add to my soundgarden collection. i gave it a few listens and liked it enough. thought it was really raw. the last few days i've listened to it obsessively, just can't put it down. it is exceptionally raw and punkish (i guess) sounding but i really am digging this album. louder than love took some getting used to now it is my absolute favorite album. i can say that this one is also exceptional. i short i love it. anyone else got the love for ultramega OK?
bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Huge SG fan here, but I've never really been that into anything before Louder than Love. It's good, but not the same music I fell in love with them that is on their last 3 albums. They got better by the album.
  • 2. All Your Lies

All your fears are lies
    All your fears are lies
    All your fears are lies

All your fears are lies

See through your
    Tripless, falling, limping, crawling,
    Biting, fighting, back from dying
    Endless ending, comprehending
    Nothing of the sin she's sinning

Loosely buying your cheating, your lying
    Will make it mine
    While never crying
    Corralled like a cat
    With my head in a sack
    And I feel like I'm tied to a railroad track
  • rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,901
    I love this album ... Its raw, but also rather quirky. Circle of Power and Nazi Driver are kind of bad, but its a badness that works.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    FAr Beyond the Wheel is one of the coolest songs they ever made.

Circle of Power is pretty awesome too!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • I love this album ... Its raw, but also rather quirky. Circle of Power and Nazi Driver are kind of bad, but its a badness that works.

well, i guess this is my favorite album lately. since i keep playing it over and over. its raw with nothing pop about it. you can hear enormous amounts of talent in a very unpolished stage. love thail's guitar playing. nazi driver is one of my favorites. actually, the only two i could do with out are 665 and 667, but i guess those are a joke.

FAR BEYOND THE WHEEL - love to scream that out
  • Circle of Power sounds like Mark Arm singing. Louder than Love is my favorite album.
    They're gonna tell you where to walk
    When to smile and just what to say
    They say have your own fun...

Need vinyl, doggs.
  • well, i guess this is my favorite album lately. since i keep playing it over and over. its raw with nothing pop about it. you can hear enormous amounts of talent in a very unpolished stage. love thail's guitar playing. nazi driver is one of my favorites. actually, the only two i could do with out are 665 and 667, but i guess those are a joke.

FAR BEYOND THE WHEEL - love to scream that out

I think to fully appreciate Beyond The Wheel you have to take in 665 and 667, I listened to this album on many an acid trip back in the days and these three songs gel together like the mamasan trilogy, and man when the opening guitar riff of Mood For Trouble comes in straight after, you just got to turn that fucker up loud and let your neighbours trully appreciate the power that is Soundgarden.:)
    I fucking love this album by the way.:D
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • i really like Beyond the Wheel...its really sabbath sounding to me... i like it a lot!
  • Circle of Power sounds like Mark Arm singing. Louder than Love is my favorite album.

The vocals on Circle of Power are by Hiro Yamamoto, the bassist in the band prior to Ben Shepherd.

It's a great tune, but my favourite on the album is definitely Mood for Trouble.

AndyC
  • I like the CD, but in my opinion, it's their worst one. It just seems like it's lacking compared to their other stuff.
    Take a ride on the relationship:

http://www.myspace.com/unlockandunload
  • On an aside i read somewhere that Kim wanted to orginally call 'louder than Love' louder than Fuck which would have been an awesome title. There is no doubt that Soundgarden album titles are the coolest ever.
  • It is an underated album that has many great songs. I especially like Mood for Trouble.
    Noblesville 6/22/2003 St. Louis 5/4/2010 East Troy 9/4/2011
    Cleveland 5/20/2006 Columbus 5/6/2010 Chicago 7/19/2013
    Cincinnatti 6/24/2006 Noblesville 5/7/2010. Buffalo 10/12/2013
    Lollapalooza 8/5/2007 Mountain View 10/23/2010 Cincinnatti 10/1/2014
    Washington D.C. 6/22/2008 Mountain View 10/24/2010 St. Louis 10/3/2014
    Chicago 8/22/2008(EV Solo) St. Louis 7/1/2011 (EV Solo) St. Paul 10/19/2014
    Kansas City 5/3/2010 East Troy 9/3/2011 Milwaukee 10/20/2014
    Hampton 4/18/2016 Columbia 4/21/2016 Lexington 4/26/2016
    NYC 5/2/2016
  • On an aside i read somewhere that Kim wanted to orginally call 'louder than Love' louder than Fuck which would have been an awesome title. There is no doubt that Soundgarden album titles are the coolest ever.

Think they are good? Did you ever see their EP entitled "Satan Oscillate My Metallic Sonatas"?

It's a palendrome, i.e. reads the same way backwards!

AC
  • I always fast forward through 665-667 because I'm afraid of anything satanic, even if it's just a joke. It's just a phobia I have.
    "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" - The Young Ones
  • I always fast forward through 665-667 because I'm afraid of anything satanic, even if it's just a joke. It's just a phobia I have.

lmao
  • yeah lol same here kinda. i like ultramega ok and the last 3 albums also. smokestack lightning!!
    im awesome
  • amimmortal wrote:
    The vocals on Circle of Power are by Hiro Yamamoto, the bassist in the band prior to Ben Shepherd.

It's a great tune, but my favourite on the album is definitely Mood for Trouble.

AndyC

I know Yamamoto did the lyrics, but that sounds like Chris singing.