Toys in the Attic - Aerosmith

reversedarwinismreversedarwinism Posts: 1,151
edited July 2008 in Other Music
SHE ATE IT.... LORDY IT WAS LOVE AT FIRST BITE...

This is one of the first tapes I ever had. Fell in love with this band around 4th grade, made me want to learn guitar. This was the first band I wanted all the cassettes of, and I had many, but then they all melted one day. Well, I just got this one back today and I had forgot how good it is. A really solid album. I still consider PJ the best American band ever, but Aerosmith is very close with albums like this.
bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• supersonicyearssupersonicyears Posts: 2,619
    Aerosmith is awsome. I just found that album at a garage sale last weekend. It's probably the 4th one i've had. Every time I leave a relationship I always let them keep the albums. Now I'm starting a new collection again. Still need to get another stereo to play them on though.
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • StaffanStaffan Posts: 606
    SHE ATE IT.... LORDY IT WAS LOVE AT FIRST BITE...

This is one of the first tapes I ever had. Fell in love with this band around 4th grade, made me want to learn guitar. This was the first band I wanted all the cassettes of, and I had many, but then they all melted one day. Well, I just got this one back today and I had forgot how good it is. A really solid album. I still consider PJ the best American band ever, but Aerosmith is very close with albums like this.

Agree, that one and "rats in the cellar" from Rocks are my Aerosmith favorites.
    Don't care so much about their later records though...

Peace
    Everyday................is Pearl Jam Day.

Except Sundays, that's Ed day.

The mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open. FZ

• I don't see how anyone can find fault with this kinda performance... http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ7QJzkGDg8
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • nothingheadnothinghead Posts: 270
    man, first band i was into when i was really young. the first half of their career is brilliant (everything up until they booted Joe Perry for awhile...)

then they cleaned up and found some new popularity and the tunes weren't bad.

their new stuff is painful to listen to. but, really, even in spite of that, still one of the best American rock bands of all time.
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    I don't see how anyone can find fault with this kinda performance... http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ7QJzkGDg8
    can't view this at work however I hope it is a late 70's performance of Kings and Queens.

I can't find much fault thru Draw the Line. I even enjoyed some of Permanent Vacation and Pump. After that...nothing.
  • transplant wrote:
    can't view this at work however I hope it is a late 70's performance of Kings and Queens.

I can't find much fault thru Draw the Line. I even enjoyed some of Permanent Vacation and Pump. After that...nothing.
    Nah, it's Rats in the Cellar, from the You Gotta Move DVD. I don't like much of their later stuff, but live, they're still a force to be reckoned with. Boundless energy, and talent.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    I go from the self-titled 'Aerosmith' to 'Toys' to 'Rocks'.
    I got off the train at the next station and never got back on. but, those were great albums.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!