Audioslave, The Almighty

reversedarwinismreversedarwinism Posts: 1,151
edited January 2007 in Other Music
i have a good stereo system that i love at home, but i'm visiting my mom and she has the best home stereo system i've ever heard. it's the product of her obsession and cost thousands. (english accent): and i've got it up to eleven!

i put in Audioslave's Revelations and it was like god coming out the speakers. this album has to be the best by them. its the best rock music i've heard in a long, long time. well, i would have to be the best since Binaural. best power-rock in so so long.

don't understand those who dismissed this album. its straight up power rock that is better than both previous albums. personally i can't put it down. MOTH, SHAPE OF THINGS TO COME, and WIDE AWAKE have to be the best AS songs ever. the whole album rocks unbelievably good, IMO. well i do skip JEWEL OF THE SUMMERTIME, but an album this great is allowed a misstep. that song could have rocked but cornell is on a different planet as the band. he has as much angst as a 5 year old with an icecream cone on that one.
bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    "Wide Awake" is a gem. "Moth"....a stunner. One of the best songs to cross my ears in years.

I'm more interested in intelligent and pushing music than I am in a 40-something year old's level of angst. Overall "Revelations" pleases me. And you've the correct idea: it's meant to be played as loud as tolerable.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • aaaah the beauty of Cornell and a really really good stereo system.

I can't really think of a Cornell song that I don't like (altho I am a bit tired of the "laughing monkey" guitar lick that is featured in EVERY AS song)

soon the solo Cornell will come out
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • I've listened to it, but I still can't wrap my head around the idea of Tom Morello and Chris Cornell collaborating. I just don't hear any synergy at all. I really hope Cornell goes back to his solo career, and the remaining members can find a frontman who fits their style better.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    MOTH, SHAPE OF THINGS TO COME, and WIDE AWAKE have to be the best AS songs ever.

Moth is in my list of top three AS songs, definitely... the other two here are good too... but besides those, I feel the album is pretty weak. It really doesn't have a personality.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • angryyoungmanangryyoungman Medford, NY Posts: 1,028
    i love there first album, alot of classic songs on there. cochese is fucking awesome, its exactly what i would have pictured a cornell/ rage collaboration would sound like. . .there last two albums are pretty good but not nearly as good as the first
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    i put in Audioslave's Revelations and it was like god coming out the speakers.

What a priceless comment, this is signature material my friend :D

aaaah the beauty of Cornell and a really really good stereo system.

I can't really think of a Cornell song that I don't like (altho I am a bit tired of the "laughing monkey" guitar lick that is featured in EVERY AS song)

soon the solo Cornell will come out

couldn't agree more!
    can't wait for CC solo album, I'm really excited about it!
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • dharma69 wrote:
    "Wide Awake" is a gem. "Moth"....a stunner. One of the best songs to cross my ears in years.

I'm more interested in intelligent and pushing music than I am in a 40-something year old's level of angst. Overall "Revelations" pleases me. And you've the correct idea: it's meant to be played as loud as tolerable.

good post. my thoughts exactly.
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    I was disappointed with Revelations. I don't like it as much as Out of Exile or their first one.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Revelations is definitely their best album to date. I love the whole thing. Can't wait for the next one.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Great album by 1 of the best singers ever.
  • dharma69 wrote:

oh yeah, me to. angst may not be the right word. i was just saying that his mood doesn't seem to "go with" that of the others on JEW OF THE SUMMERTIME. DANDELION is probably the most .....(you pick the word) of the cornell catolog and is my all time AS favorite
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    oh yeah, me to. angst may not be the right word. i was just saying that his mood doesn't seem to "go with" that of the others on JEW OF THE SUMMERTIME. DANDELION is probably the most .....(you pick the word) of the cornell catolog and is my all time AS favorite
    Dandelion is....(insert any adjective for "lovely" with regards to a man in a band that used to make people crowd surf!). I can appreciate that things (including his musical nature) have tempered over the years; the same can be said for PJ. But as long as it's good, means something, says something, then I'm all ears.

Dandelion....love it!
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • My3rdEyeMy3rdEye Posts: 927
    love it
  • NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    DOSW wrote:
    Moth is in my list of top three AS songs, definitely... the other two here are good too... but besides those, I feel the album is pretty weak. It really doesn't have a personality.
    neither did avacado but the masses seemed to get over that
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken