Audioslave's REVELATIONS 3 mo. later

reversedarwinismreversedarwinism Posts: 1,151
edited December 2006 in Other Music
i am still obsessivly listening to this album. i gave it a rest for a couple weeks, when i wasn't really listening to much at all, but since sept. 5 i've definately spun this album way more than anything else. by far the best album i've picked up this year (still need thom yorke and justin timberlake) IMO. i know this is the site of negativity for everything non-PJ, and all you who didn't by the album will blindly bash it. but that's ok, cause this is MUSIC. and what you appreciate is totally individual, and i'm one individual that totally appreciates revelations. in fact, i can't get enough of it.
bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    i like revelations more now than i did when i first heard it.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    excellent album
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    I haven't listened to the record in a while but heard revelations in the car on the way home and it was just kinda of "meh", so nothing has changed on my end
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    I plugged my headphones into a steaming pile of feces the other day. It sounded like Revelations.
  • DCGARDENDCGARDEN Posts: 515
    The only songs on the album that I can officially say 3 months later, that I still dislike are Untill We Fall and Broken City - Other than that, this album is a Riff-Lover's Wet Dream

Moth and Shape of things to Come take the cake

Sound of a Gun is classic Audioslave
    I'll keep taking punches
    Untill their will grows tired
  • mrwalkerb wrote:
    I haven't listened to the record in a while but heard revelations in the car on the way home and it was just kinda of "meh", so nothing has changed on my end

Feel the same way.
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • I really like the album but i hate the song Broken City, having said that i would rather listen to Brokent City than to Last Kiss one more time ever again.
  • DCGARDEN wrote:
    The only songs on the album that I can officially say 3 months later, that I still dislike are Untill We Fall and Broken City - Other than that, this album is a Riff-Lover's Wet Dream

Moth and Shape of things to Come take the cake

Sound of a Gun is classic Audioslave

untill we fall has somehow become my favorite. definately think that one in the same should be on the radio.
  • I need to buy this for Xmas to myself.
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • PJ17MKDPJ17MKD Posts: 136
    i love Wide Awake... amazing track... and the album is i think better than their previous one... a couple of great songs on there , a few good songs and only a few misses...
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    couple good songs.. overall pretty terrible

every thread like this is gonna have the hardcore soundgarden and ratm fan/audioslave hater :D
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • PJ17MKD wrote:
    i love Wide Awake... amazing track...

I think "Wide Awake" is my favorite Audioslave song.
    08-19-08 (Riverside Theater) Vedder(Solo) Milwaukee, WI
    07-02-11 (Orpheum Theatre) Vedder(Solo) Minneapolis, MN
  • Im looking forward to the Chris Cornell solo album more than anything Audioslave... Chris is so much more talented than RATM band members...

The RATM sound is all over their albums, and that is what makes them boring. Those guys never changed over 4 albums of material (I admit the first two were pretty decent though)
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    redsfan1 wrote:
    I really like the album but i hate the song Broken City, having said that i would rather listen to Brokent City than to Last Kiss one more time ever again.
    I love broken city. I think Revelations is definitely their best album to date. It has a much different sound to it. The second album was good but didn't really progress at all.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    Im looking forward to the Chris Cornell solo album more than anything Audioslave... Chris is so much more talented than RATM band members...

The RATM sound is all over their albums, and that is what makes them boring. Those guys never changed over 4 albums of material (I admit the first two were pretty decent though)
    yea um the battle of los angeles was completely different from evil empire

they were headed in an amazing direction
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • If Rage was going in an interesting direction then Soundgarden was going off on an even more extreme tangent. DOTU is my favourite record and they were at the height of their creativity.

Damn shame.
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    I still haven't tried listening to this album.
    Both first audioslave's albums were quite similar, and I fear a bit that third is again the same thing...
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • I've kinda begun to enjoy this record more than I had. It's still very generic in parts, but that just makes songs like Shape of Things To Come, Wide Awake and Moth stand out all the more. I think Shape is my favourite.

Like someone else said, I'm really looking forward to Cornell's solo album more than anything else Audioslave does, simply because of AS's predictability. I find the song One and the Same on Revelations too damn ironic, just cos the name sums up everything I don't like about Audioslave. I'm a fan - I just can't get as enthusiastic as I'd like about their music, because I feel I've heard it all before.

Every AS album just makes me wish more and more that Soundgarden were still together - I listened to Down on the Upside after Revelations, and wow. DOTU is just a far better album, in every capacity. The riffs are better, the lyrics are better, and it has more changes in style than just "rocker, rocker, ballad, rocker."

Hmmm. I feel better for getting that off my chest, for some reason.:)
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Julien wrote:
    I still haven't tried listening to this album.
    Both first audioslave's albums were quite similar, and I fear a bit that third is again the same thing...

the third album does have a bit more difference in the overall sound than the first two, IMO. glad that i've been hearing, "revelations" and "original fire" on the radio. its the whole funk thing that is making the difference on this one.