going back to music I haven't played in a while

reversedarwinismreversedarwinism Posts: 1,151
edited April 2008 in Other Music
One thing I actually like about my job is that I get to play music at work. And lately I've been wanting to listen to different stuff. I have no idea what new music I would buy so I've been going through my old cds. Somethings I like more and some I'm liking less:

DMB, Before These Crowed Streets - Always thought this was their best, and I still like this one. I'm certainly not as into it as I once was and there are a couple tracks I just don't like too much. But mostly, it still really good.

Pearl Jam, London '00 - Not exactly a venture form my usual stuff, but I haven't spun this one in a while. What a fucking great Mike show. Good, good show and Ed seems like he was a little drunk on this one.

Korn, 1st one - Like this one less. When this was new, I was one of like three people that had it in my home town and I loved it. Now its just too much overall. 5 or 6 songs are bad ass though. Never was inspired to get another Korn album.

Steely Dan, A Decade of - I use to really dig this one. But I put it in, liked FM alright and could make it through another song.

STP, No. 4 - I liked this one quite a bit more than I did when it came out. There are a few misses and the lyrics aren't that good, but this is a decent STP album. Tiny Music still blows away everything in their catolog though.

TLC, Crazy Sexy Cool - This one definitely takes me back to high school. I pop it in every great once in a while. Just a great R&B album.

Al Green, some stuff I jacked off the internet - for some reason I got "love and happiness" like 3 times. Anyway When I first got this I didn't care for it too much. Now, I'm loving it. I got "lets stay together" twice too, but that like one of the greatest songs of all time.

Mother Love Bone, complete recordings - I do play this one fairly often. But my boss loved it, wanted to know who they were and everything, so I thought I'd include it. Pretty cool boss, bout the best boss I've ever had.

Queensryche, Empire - Always have loved "jet city woman", but never really cared for this cd untill the other day. I actually like this one now.

Sheryl Crow, The Globe Sessions - this self-produced one is probably her best. I like it about the same - 50%. Its definitely dated with all the pop-blues thing that was over done in the 90s. Some songs suck, but I do like some. "the diffucult kind" is not too shabby.

Nirvana, Unplugged - They're an every once in a while band for me. I like it, but they just aren't on the same level as PJ, SG, AIC, RHCP or the other bands that are my favorites. Good stuff, I just find myself tired of it pretty fast. Anyway, this i a good show. Great song selection and execution. Still not as good as AIC's unplugged though.

Nirvana, In Utero - A really good album. Always liked it more than Nevermind.

The Doors, Best of disc one - Some good songs, some lame ones. I find them overratted for the most part, but I can see how they inspired many. And some songs did just plain rock, some are just goofy. PJ is way superior to this band. So, in terms of "rock and roll", I honestly find PJ to be the best American band ever.

God Smack, 1st one - I do the 1st song and like some others too. Possibly the best AIC cover band.

Well, just thought I'd share. I have many more albums I haven't rotated in a long time, and I'm still in this wanting something different funk, so I'll probably keep this up. I still jam out to plenty of SG, PJ, AIC, RHCP, RH, , LZ, Neil, Bowie every day, but this is a good idea for those that always post about wanting something different. Just like I try to tell my fiance to just rotate into her old shoes and purses, she doesn't go for my suggestion, of course. But anyway, here you go.
bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    I don't listen to PJ much these days (yeah yeah, sacrilege, whatever) but I go through phases of revisiting them every few weeks/months. Still one of my favourite bands, I'm just on a mission to hear as much incredible music as I can so I like hearing new stuff as much as possible.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Cool, I'll check some of those out.
    Austin City Limits - Oct 04, 2009