i've never had more hate for mtv/vh1 than now

reversedarwinismreversedarwinism Posts: 1,151
edited March 2007 in Other Music
i've been checking these two channels to see if i can catch the r&r HOF ceremony. i've yet to see it, but what i have seen is disgusting. i'm 28, so i grew up on mtv with ...... what were those things???? oh yeah.... music videos. we didn't have vh1 so i don't know what that was about. both channels now are complete brainwashing bullshit. kids act like they are told to from these networks. they all talk just like the kids on the "rich kids shows". "my sweet sixteen" is one of the worst. i used to watch my 14 year old sis get so into this and other mtv shows. it influences their attitudes and their focus. i was a kid like any other kid, but i was so much more aware of the world and reality than most kids today. its all shows about nothing, drama about nothing. a bunch of "look at me, look at me, gimme some attention" its fucking horrible. no way my kids get to watch shit like this when they get older. damn, now i sound like my mom. but she was worried about my other sis falling in love with axl rose and that causing her to make bad choices in boyfriends; i'm worried about my kids acting like brats and not having any interest in anything important at all. ya know, like the average 14 year old kid today.

so that is my rant today, feel free to join in bashing these networks. if you need some inspiration just turn on the tv, "i love new york" is on vh1 right now and "exposed" on mtv - thats right kids act just like this. god help us.
bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• totally agree. people are starving there are wars going on and these fucking spoiled little brat bitches are getting million dollar birthday parties and when they finally do talk about or show any so called music it's always shit.
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,136
    The only time I watch either channel is for VH1 when they air the Behind the Music series. I know that it's probably not the best source for exact events in some band's life, but I'll be damned if that show isn't interesting. Other than that, those two networks are horrible.
  • larslars Posts: 524
    The only time I watch either channel is for VH1 when they air the Behind the Music series. I know that it's probably not the best source for exact events in some band's life, but I'll be damned if that show isn't interesting. Other than that, those two networks are horrible.
    In the words of Subzero: Fuck Mtv, I want my NYHC
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • The only time I watch either channel is for VH1 when they air the Behind the Music series. I know that it's probably not the best source for exact events in some band's life, but I'll be damned if that show isn't interesting. Other than that, those two networks are horrible.

oh yeah, i do like that show. used to watch it quite a bit when they showed it often. let me see whats on now..... the show with vannila ice and ron jeremy on vh1 and OH MY GOD music videos on mtv. i don't believe it. wow fergie really sucks. didn't gwen stefani put this song out in 05. and they only show a fraction of the video - of course. they must know the kids are in school to be showing videos like this.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    oh yeah, i do like that show. used to watch it quite a bit when they showed it often. let me see whats on now..... the show with vannila ice and ron jeremy on vh1 and OH MY GOD music videos on mtv. i don't believe it. wow fergie really sucks. didn't gwen stefani put this song out in 05. and they only show a fraction of the video - of course. they must know the kids are in school to be showing videos like this.

the tweens dont have enough of an attention span for more than a fraction of a video. it's not about a song, it's a commercial. it's telling them how they should look and dress and what they should buy. that's it.
  • the tweens dont have enough of an attention span for more than a fraction of a video. it's not about a song, it's a commercial. it's telling them how they should look and dress and what they should buy. that's it.

ya know its really really sad to talk to my lil sis and her friends. they are completely clueless about everything. i mean its truely amazing. its just like that segment on jay leno where they ask random questions - seriously, its that bad. i agree that its all a marketing scam.
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    ya know its really really sad to talk to my lil sis and her friends. they are completely clueless about everything. i mean its truely amazing. its just like that segment on jay leno where they ask random questions - seriously, its that bad. i agree that its all a marketing scam.

I know exactly what you're talking about. I'm always so terrified for my little sister. She's almost 14, and its like she doesn't care about anything except fashion, and what's popular. I mean, maybe that's what all 14 year olds have always been like, but it feels like she doesn't care at all about anything important. Hopefully my brother and I can influence and her and make her care more about what's going on in the world. Hopefully she still has time to be saved.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • yosi wrote:
    I know exactly what you're talking about. I'm always so terrified for my little sister. She's almost 14, and its like she doesn't care about anything except fashion, and what's popular. I mean, maybe that's what all 14 year olds have always been like, but it feels like she doesn't care at all about anything important. Hopefully my brother and I can influence and her and make her care more about what's going on in the world. Hopefully she still has time to be saved.

no, no i really think its not the same as when we were 14. i could atleast look at a map and tell you where any state is. and i knew when lincoln was pres and what the civil war was about. i'm tellin you, they really don't know shit. no history, no current events, not even close to algebra level in mathematics.
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    no, no i really think its not the same as when we were 14. i could atleast look at a map and tell you where any state is. and i knew when lincoln was pres and what the civil war was about. i'm tellin you, they really don't know shit. no history, no current events, not even close to algebra level in mathematics.

Well, maybe in general that's true. Thankfully my sister seems to be ok when it comes to school subjects ( math, science, especially English (she reads a lot of fiction), history (ok), foreign language she's real good). But when it comes to current events... Damn, she doesn't even care. I don't know. I just hope she'll be alright. I don't want a spoiled brat for a sister... :(
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • I was joking with someone when I found out that the HOF induction was not going to be aired on Vh1 like it always is..

I said..
    They'll probably show reruns of some shit like I Love New York instead

And lo and behold, I turned to vh1 that night on the off chance that what I heard was wrong, and they were running a marathon of I Love New York.

Those channels have descended into total hell.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    Did it not run on VH1 today? I set it up to TiVo this morning.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Did it not run on VH1 today? I set it up to TiVo this morning.

PBM
    I'm not sure, I was talking about the night it took place though (last monday or whenever it was). If they're showing it I'll keep an eye out.. I'd love to see it.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
    I'm not sure, I was talking about the night it took place though (last monday or whenever it was). If they're showing it I'll keep an eye out.. I'd love to see it.

VH1 Classic ran it live, but I think VH1 was going to rebroadcast it today.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• VH1 Classic ran it live, but I think VH1 was going to rebroadcast it today.

PBM

if you or anyone finds out when it is going to be shown, please post it here. seems like last year they showed the HOF ceremony over and over.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    if you or anyone finds out when it is going to be shown, please post it here. seems like last year they showed the HOF ceremony over and over.
    it was on this afternoon, oddly enough i caught it when ed came on. check vh1.com, maybe that might help ya
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

It aired today at Noon.

http://www.vh1.com/shows/schedule/vh1/daily.jhtml?source=globalnav

Edit: I've looked through the next week and it doesn't appear that they are showing it again for a while.

PBM

• MTV
    MUSIC television

theres never any MUSIC on these channels anymore just glam immature crap, when im watchin tv i go to these channels to try and catch some bands i like.. for the past few years now thats not happened if it aint playing some crap, its playing some crap wannabe bands who dont deserve to be on tv end of
  • SathogwaSathogwa Posts: 227
    I've reached a point were I say fuck cable, TV, almost all radio, professional sports, and most music and movies. In fact, I feel most of the pop-culture (and even so called "underground" or "edgy" stuff) that Americans seem to find entertaining or important is a bunch of shit. Fuck all of it. Man, I feel like I'm getting old, but seriously! I don't watch TV, but when I'm at someone's house and I turn it on I'm actually offended by how stump dumb and empty it is! Out of a thousand channels 99% the time if I do find something I want to watch, its on PBS. Man, that's sad.

"One big festering neon distraction." -- Tool

How true.
    Sleep on horseback
    Far moon in a continuing dream
    Steam of roasting tea

--Basho
  • we didn't have vh1 so i don't know what that was about.
    yes we did that was old people music videos and Rossi O'Donald was a VJ
    Anger is a gift
  • darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    I like VH1 Classic, but the rest can go to hell...When are they gonna be about the music again?!!
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • taratara Posts: 293
    yosi wrote:
    Well, maybe in general that's true. Thankfully my sister seems to be ok when it comes to school subjects ( math, science, especially English (she reads a lot of fiction), history (ok), foreign language she's real good). But when it comes to current events... Damn, she doesn't even care. I don't know. I just hope she'll be alright. I don't want a spoiled brat for a sister... :(

i was the same way when i was that age. i was really good at school, but i wanted to be one of the popular kids (i was pretty nerdy, still am, and i'm glad i never became popular), she'll get over it, don't worry. high school breeds that kind of mentality, it's hard to not get swept up, as soon as she's outta there, she'll get her shit together
    No problem can be solved from the same consciousness that created it.
    Albert Einstein