HEART, Alice in Chains + Gretchen Wilson

reversedarwinismreversedarwinism Posts: 1,151
edited May 2007 in Other Music
On VH1's Rock Honors just now. Ann Wilson is fucking amazing belting out those notes with ease. I've never liked Gretchen Wilson's whitetrash anthems, but she did an excellent job tonight. And I Can't wait to AIC in concert sometime. Was a little misty-eyed to see Jerry Cantrell and Nancy Wilson jamming together like that. Heart is one the most prominant musical memories of my childhood and I still love it. (thanks Mom) Seeing them do "Crazy on you" - wow.
bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BrezBrez Posts: 570
    Yeah... I had a really hard time believing my eyes while I was watching Jerry Cantrell and Gretchen Wilson on the same stage. I've never really liked her maybe because... I don't know... she thinks it's cool to be white trash?
    And before his first step... He's off again...
  • BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    Didn't you guys see them together at the Decades Rock Heart show?, Gretchen did an excellent job there too. It seems as though the Wilson sisters are quite chummy with Ms. Wilson.
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
  • PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,901
    i was skeptical when i heard gretchen wilson was going to be singing heart, but MY GOD, she was FANTASTIC! HAVING ALICE IN CHAINS PLAYING BARACUDA WAS VERY COOL.
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • chris05chris05 Posts: 347
    She did do an awesome job. So did Queens covering Paranoid
    Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    PJammin' wrote:
    i was skeptical when i heard gretchen wilson was going to be singing heart, but MY GOD, she was FANTASTIC! HAVING ALICE IN CHAINS PLAYING BARACUDA WAS VERY COOL.

Totally kick ass performance! For anyone who missed it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RjA_Z6Lniw
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • toddiet123toddiet123 Posts: 271
    she is stunning to boot. Gretchen that is...wow.
  • mdigenakismdigenakis Posts: 1,337
    PJammin' wrote:

best performance last night!
    "Don't let the darkness eat you up..."

-Greg Dulli

• oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    mdigenakis wrote:
    best performance last night!
    while it was a rockin performance.. i thought last nights best performances were Genesis. Growing up, my dad was a big Genesis/Phil Collins fan, so I kinda got into them too..

it was great seeing them back together after all those years, and i can't wait to see them in Philly in September
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Heart is on TV all the time with some new performance it seems. I just watched them do a special for Direct TV recently where they played all of Dreamboat Annie and a bunch of covers. They did "Love Reign O'er Me". Nancy Wilson is a goddess with a guitar.
    Brian
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    PJammin' wrote:

I went to Kenny Chesney's concert last summer in foxboro and Gretchen was one of the openers and she did a couple of zeppelin covers, man can that girl belt it out.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • funkymonkfunkymonk Posts: 279
    oppie1 wrote:
    while it was a rockin performance.. i thought last nights best performances were Genesis. Growing up, my dad was a big Genesis/Phil Collins fan, so I kinda got into them too..

it was great seeing them back together after all those years, and i can't wait to see them in Philly in September

IMO, the best part about Genesis on the show was the introduction from Robin Williams. Genesis just bored me.
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    YES! This performance was magical. Gretchen really blew me the hell away. Doing Heart some serious justice and then some. What a set of pipes! Damn! And yeah..chick is definitely easy on the eyes too. :p;)

Aw I agree reversedarwinism. Seeing Jerry and Nancy jamming away together was beautiful. And Jerry soloing away like the rock god he is!? :o A-mazing!
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    jeffbr wrote:
    Totally kick ass performance! For anyone who missed it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RjA_Z6Lniw
    Wow, that was really good! Thanks for posting the link.
  • if you can look past the "white trash" anthems on her albums, gretchen has some great songs.
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • jammerfalljammerfall Posts: 908
    Ann & Nancy Wilson; 30 years on and still a class act.
    "Hello Oregonians. Hello Washingtonians. Hello Portland..where the fuck are we? We're in Ridgefield!"
  • oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    funkymonk wrote:
    IMO, the best part about Genesis on the show was the introduction from Robin Williams. Genesis just bored me.
    for me it was the other way around.. robin williams bored me to death.. i never liked him
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys