Audioslave's Revelations revisited

reversedarwinismreversedarwinism Posts: 1,151
edited July 2007 in Other Music
I was really digging this cd, but spend time away from all my cds untill recently. Now I'm spinning it and I must say that I like it even more than before. In fact, its an absolutely stellar album.
bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    It certainly has its moments, Wide Awake is one of my favourite Cornell vocal performances period, I'd love to hear an electric version of that live rather than the acoustic version he always plays.
  • BremertonBremerton Posts: 279
    I've tried numerous times, but can only get into moth, wide awake, and revelations.
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Great album, my favourite by Audioslave infact.:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • chopitdownchopitdown Posts: 2,222
    i really like dandelion off that album, but the rest is just so so, to me...but i do have a 12 hour road trip coming up maybe i'll give it another chance.
    make sure the fortune that you seek...is the fortune that you need
    chopitdown wrote:
    i really like dandelion off that album, but the rest is just so so, to me...but i do have a 12 hour road trip coming up maybe i'll give it another chance.

Thats on Out Of Exile.:)
  • chopitdownchopitdown Posts: 2,222
    Thats on Out Of Exile.:)

well shit...i guess i think the entire album is average.
    make sure the fortune that you seek...is the fortune that you need
  • I love Revelations; great, great album. Almost equal to self-titled in my opinion.
  • obiwon76obiwon76 Posts: 568
    The album track is as about as good as it gets.

* Note how many times I threw in "as".
    San Fran 92, San Fran 93, Berkeley 93, Indio 93, Fairfax 94, DC 95, San Fran 95, DC 95, Va Beach 98, Columbia 98, Dc 98, Va Beach 00, Columbia 00, Philly 03, Bristow 03, Chicago 06, Chicago 06, Dc 06, DC 08
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    Out of all three of Audioslave's albums...I really don't know which one is best. They all have their highs and lows. Phht...screw Rage reunion...let's get an Audioslave reunion!!!
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
    Out of all three of Audioslave's albums...I really don't know which one is best. They all have their highs and lows. Phht...screw Rage reunion...let's get an Audioslave reunion!!!

Ouch, that is gonna get some flames dude.:)
  • Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    I find myself listening to Revelations a lot more frequently than Carry On...
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • chris05chris05 Posts: 347
    Yeh Revelations is a great album.
    Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    Ouch, that is gonna get some flames dude.:)

Yeah...I should probably think before I open my big mouth.

Thats what she said. ;)
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Revelations is no where near the first two albums except for a few songs. I think their first is their best, but Out of Exile is the most consistent. Revelations is okay, but it just feels like they weren't really even trying.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • I hate Revelations. The same repetitive riffing started getting old with Out Of Exile, which in itself was mediocre. The only songs I like are "Sound Of A Gun" and "Original Fire." Worst album Chris has ever done, the more I think about it. Or the rest of the band for that matter. Carry On is listenable in comparison, even..
    Take a ride on the relationship:

http://www.myspace.com/unlockandunload
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    Jewel of the Summertime may be my favorite song by them. its just so damn funky.
  • tnt358tnt358 Posts: 72
    at first i hated this album, then a few months later i checked it out again and just fell in love with it

wide awake is definetly one of cornell's best all time peformances in my book
  • I was disappointed when this album first came out - but now I really like the title song alot...one of my favorites...

But I am still glad that Cornell decided to do his own thing, and after seeing him perform 3 times (and planning on attending 4 more shows) I can totally attest to the fact that his voice is as strong as ever...and Carry On is a decent album.
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • MOTH, best song they ever wrote....
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: Member No.5-+--+
    ~~~~~http://www.myspace.com/breakerfallpj~~~~~

YieldInHiding: "RED DOT is an intermission...not "filler." I hate that word. Filler is what's in a Twinkie."
  • OOE is my favourite most of the time, but I like Revelations as much as I like self-titled. I think "Moth" is close to being the best thing they did - up there with "The Last Remaining Light" and "#1 Zero" for me.

Revelations is Chris's favourite of the three, according to several interviews.
    www.myspace.com/clareobrienwright
    www.chriscornell.org.uk
    OOE is my favourite most of the time, but I like Revelations as much as I like self-titled. I think "Moth" is close to being the best thing they did - up there with "The Last Remaining Light" and "#1 Zero" for me.

Revelations is Chris's favourite of the three, according to several interviews.

It sounds the most cohesive to me at least, the first record had a lot of good song's on it but sounded disjointed, as if they did'nt all fit together, OOE felt a bit more solid but Man or Animal, really killed the flow of it for me.
  • pdh1978pdh1978 Posts: 211
    Whenever I want to listen to some Audioslave, Revelations is the album i always go back to - the title song is an absolute belter.

Here's hoping he'll play it live in London...
    If you all stop hitting refresh for just two minutes, I can buy my tickets...