Will AIC headline a tour next year.

reversedarwinismreversedarwinism Posts: 1,151
edited August 2007 in Other Music
I'm so struggling with this decision. I can still get tickets. Its just that I'd love to see them play a full headlining set. How long are they playing for. I know that Scott Weiland will put on a hell of a show too, but the smirnoff center isn't that good of a venue. I recently decided against going, but now everytime I hear an AIC song its killing me. This is one of my very, very top bands. I'd definately say my top five above all else is Led Zeppelin, PJ, Soundgarden, AIC and Neil Young; how the fuck can I fathom missing this? Making this concert won't exactly be convienent, but I can make it happen. If I knew for sure they would headline a tour next year and stop in Dallas or OKC, I'd be okay with not going...... may be. It seems like the radio stations are playing AIC every hour the last few weeks..... I think its a sign from god.
bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Them-BonesThem-Bones Posts: 518
    There workin on an album now, so they should be headlining around 09, so 09 well probably have a Pearl Jam and Alice touring.
    "If my thoughts, dreams, could be seen, they'd probably put my head, in a guillotine, but it's alright ma, it's life and life only."
  • 09??? 09???, did you notice its 07??? What if I die or the world ends???? Fuck it, I'm buying em.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • I went to see them at Mohegan Sun last tuesday, and it was great but too short, I didn't even stayed to see Velvet Revolver! I wish it was the other way around, because AIC is much better, you can't even compare. Velvet Revolver should be the opening act! Not to mention that most of the people left after AIC played. Hopefully they will tour again as the main atraction.
    "makes much more sense, to live in the present tense"
  • I'm lucky. AiC is playing a solo show at the House Of Blues here in October.
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    i'd say go to the show! I've heard AIC is playing for an hour. It's not a full headlining tour, but at least you get to see AIC and if you are a die hard fan (which seems like you are) then go. Smirnoff really isn't that bad. I actually think the sound there is pretty good actually. I've seen a few shows there (and may be seeing one there this weekend if my ticket situation and transprt works out). But, if you have the cash I'd go. If I can cough up the cash for this one I may go myself. I honestly don't hear that much of a difference in AIC. I missed them last year cause I was a skeptical idiot. However, Jerry did write and sing lead in AIC probably 60% of the time, and william does a pretty damn good job from the you tube I've seen. In short, I'm sorry I missed this show last year when I had a bunch of $ to throw on shows. Now I really want to go, and with my jobs situation screwing me, moneys tight. But yeah, go. AIC appears to be one of your favorites. If I can make it, I'll lookk at this show as great, and another one to add to my list of shows. I have this goal to see as many shows as money will allow. concert going is my hobby.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • whome13whome13 Posts: 72
    Yes, go.

AIC is playing 45-60 minutes of hits and then VR comes on for 1 1/2 - 2 hours. Velvet Revolver puts on an amazing show, I saw them at a small club in Chicago last spring and it was one of the best shows I've ever been to. Seeing AIC and VR this week in St Paul.
  • Them-BonesThem-Bones Posts: 518
    09??? 09???, did you notice its 07??? What if I die or the world ends???? Fuck it, I'm buying em.

Im more relaxed about it because I got to see them play a 3 hour set at the Warfield in San Francisco and I was right next to the stage, best night of my life.
    "If my thoughts, dreams, could be seen, they'd probably put my head, in a guillotine, but it's alright ma, it's life and life only."
  • Them-Bones wrote:
    There workin on an album now, so they should be headlining around 09, so 09 well probably have a Pearl Jam and Alice touring.

I agree, they'll headline if they manage to crank out that new music they've been talking about. Record promos, tour, acoustics, radioshows, all that would be too cool. Be patient and let Jerry do his magic. I would still go and see them though now to tie you over!!