Need some help..

E.BloomE.Bloom Posts: 188
edited August 2006 in Other Music
Just started today to work at the local music store..Since I now get 25% off, I`m thinking of buying some cd`s...
But I`d figured that it was time to start listening to some new music..
I`m not the real hard-rock guy..Some favorites are Pearl Jam(of course),The Who,Neil Young,Lou Reed,Bruce Springsteen..

So does anyone have any ideas for some artists I may like? Thanks for your help!:D
we were but stones,your light made us stars

Dublin 06
London 07
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Blind Melon!!! Most people only know "No Rain" but let me tell you, they made some stellar music. Check out the self titled album first. Soup is also fantastic.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    oh my god. a 25% discount would get my finances into SERIOUS trouble. id be pissing away every paycheck!
  • toddiet123toddiet123 Posts: 271
    since you work in a record shop i'd test your co-workers skills..tell them what you like and see if they can match you up with something they suggest (new or old) if they do well you'll enjoy working with people that have a clue about the subject.

Also, rummage the instore playlist..see what is good.

have fun. I worked a a record shop for 4+ years and it was awesome.
  • E.BloomE.Bloom Posts: 188
    My finances are already in trouble;)

yeah,to check with my co-workers..that`s a great idea..
    Will do that tomorrow.. Also planning to complete my Ryan Adams collection soon..

Dublin 06
    London 07
  • Get everything you can by The Fall!!!!!
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Well it may be difficult to get into at first but I'm going to suggest you check out Wilco. They started out as alt country and their sound has evolved a lot over the years. Many fans of neil, pj and bruce seem to enjoy wilco becasue Jeff tweedy their singer writes some heart felt (interesting as well, what the hell does "take off your band aid becasue i don't believe in touchdowns" mean ???). Their music also is not really heavy. they don't really rock as hard as pearl jam it is just traditional rock music.

I think Yankee Hotel Foxtrot is their most interesting and best ablum, although their are some that say any number of their albums are their best work.

It may take a few listens for you to catch onto it, but when it does it is GREAT music.

If you want to sample a song check out jesus etc from that album.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • E.BloomE.Bloom Posts: 188
    intodeep wrote:
    Well it may be difficult to get into at first but I'm going to suggest you check out Wilco. They started out as alt country and their sound has evolved a lot over the years. Many fans of neil, pj and bruce seem to enjoy wilco becasue Jeff tweedy their singer writes some heart felt (interesting as well, what the hell does "take off your band aid becasue i don't believe in touchdowns" mean ???). Their music also is not really heavy. they don't really rock as hard as pearl jam it is just traditional rock music.

I think Yankee Hotel Foxtrot is their most interesting and best ablum, although their are some that say any number of their albums are their best work.

It may take a few listens for you to catch onto it, but when it does it is GREAT music.

If you want to sample a song check out jesus etc from that album.

I will check them out too! Thanks for the tip:D looking forward to tomorrow..

Also thinking of ordering the Bayleaf cd? Is it worth it?

Dublin 06
    London 07