Houston folks - anyone seeing Son Volt tonight?

gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
edited April 2008 in Other Music
I don't have tickets but plan on getting there early to see if I get one. They plan on releasing a limited number before the show. Dammit I need to see these guys.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    I really wanted to go to this show but I think I'm going to have to work late. Good Luck on getting tickets. Should be an awsome show!!
  • hoopinmanhoopinman Posts: 294
    I didnt even know they were in town tonite, honestly..i saw Wilco a few weeks ago though
  • thought about it. might just save my money for Clutch this weekend.
    So did anyone go? How was it?
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    My buddy bailed out on me (he had to coach his kid's baseball team) and most of all, we had to wait in line to hopefully get tickets since all the advanced tickets were sold. Since it was not guarantee, we didn't go. I'm still pissed! Well, they were here less than a year ago so hopefully it won't be long before they come back.
    hoopinman wrote:
    I didnt even know they were in town tonite, honestly..i saw Wilco a few weeks ago though

Yeah, I waited too long to get tickets to that show too. It's been a problem for me lately. I need to pick up the Press more often.
    gabers wrote:
    Yeah, I waited too long to get tickets to that show too. It's been a problem for me lately. I need to pick up the Press more often.

Do you how many great shows I have missed b/c I found out when it was too late. Didn't get to see Wilco or Ryan Adams for that very reason.
    PJGARDEN wrote:
    Do you how many great shows I have missed b/c I found out when it was too late. Didn't get to see Wilco or Ryan Adams for that very reason.

When did Ryan Adams come?! Crap! I need more cool young single friends to keep me in the loop.
  • jambase.com is a good way to find out who is coming
    gabers wrote:
    When did Ryan Adams come?! Crap! I need more cool young single friends to keep me in the loop.

Hey I'm young and cool I just have a problem with the staying in loop thing. It was a while back. I think in October at Wharehouse maybe????
  • cc10106cc10106 Posts: 385
    the only 2 things you need (assuming you have internet access) to keep up with shows in the Houston area are:

http://www.spacecityrock.com

http://www.superunison.com
    cc10106 wrote:
    the only 2 things you need (assuming you have internet access) to keep up with shows in the Houston area are:

http://www.spacecityrock.com

http://www.superunison.com

Cool, thanks, I'd never heard of those sites. Seems to focus more on indy type bands, yes?
  • cc10106cc10106 Posts: 385
    gabers wrote:
    Cool, thanks, I'd never heard of those sites. Seems to focus more on indy type bands, yes?

eh, i guess so not really sure. i'd assume most of those bands aren't 'big' enough to play places like verizon, warehouse, etc and need sites like SU to help promote their shows. thing is if you do see something on their calendar that looks appealing, they'll generally have a direct link to purchase tickets and will be much, much cheaper than the normal outlets.

these are the type of things houston needs to help build a better 'live scene' and perhaps attract more bands to play here. just seems like there's not much bringing people together to come out and enjoy live music. i don't know much about the local h-town bands here, but then again that prob goes hand in hand with the lack of a 'scene' here. i assume most of em pick up and move elsewhere that's a little more friendly and caters toward the local musicians (austin and denton for example).

if you want a rundown of every type of music/gig coming to houston, then SCR is the perfect reference point.
    Thanks for the links. I'll have to check them out. I think your right about the lack of a scene here. I like houston I just wish there was more good live music here.
  • hoopinmanhoopinman Posts: 294
    I spend the majority of my free time at places that play live music....so theres always a Press around

Last Concert Cafe
    Dan Electros Guitar Bar
    Warehouse
    Continental Club