White Stripes cancel tour

gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
edited September 2007 in Other Music
http://www.soundgenerator.com/viewArticle.cfm?ArticleID=18010

White Stripes pull UK tour after Meg suffers 'anxiety'

The band's U.S. dates cancelled

By: News Desk

The White Stripes have cancelled their UK tour for October - just days after confirming that the remainder of their forthcoming U.S. tour had been cancelled - after drummer Meg White became stricken with 'acute anxiety'.

The rock duo were due to play several high profile shows next month - including stops at - but have been forced to pull all remaining shows this week due to health issues relating to Meg.

According to reports, the stress of touring between venues is to blame for her current condition.

A statement released by the band's management reveals, "The White Stripes announced that they are cancelling their forthcoming tour due to health issues. Meg White is suffering from acute anxiety and is unable to travel at this time."

"The White Stripes sincerely apologise to their fans: 'We hate to let people down and are very sorry.'"

Bummer! I was planning on seeing them in Austin. I hope Meg gets better.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I feel for her, but anxiety isn't just somethin that pops up. I bet there is more to it.

I had tix to the Chicago show, I was stoked, but I honestly wonder sometimes how good some of the Stripes songs could be with a full band.
  • Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    I feel for her, but anxiety isn't just somethin that pops up. I bet there is more to it.

I had tix to the Chicago show, I was stoked, but I honestly wonder sometimes how good some of the Stripes songs could be with a full band.

Yeah, I know what you mean... Jack must feel the same way sometimes, otherwise why would he feel the need to do the Raconteurs on the side?

Maybe this will lead to a change?
    Obama/Biden '08!!!
  • get well soon meg. :( i hope she is gonna be ok.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    I was going 2 Glasgow show.Reali disappoined,hope
    Meg is well soon.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • I wonder who thinks up these colourful excuses....sometimes they seem designed to make the artists sound stupid. I mean maybe she's in rehab, maybe she's having a bad love affair, whatever, it's probably none of our business, but what's wrong with just saying she needs to rest?
    www.myspace.com/clareobrienwright
    www.chriscornell.org.uk
  • I am quite happy about this as I didn't manage to get tickets, does that make me an evil cow?
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.