I've decided that at one point Chicago was cool

gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
edited March 2008 in Other Music
The group that is. I was listening to the XM dial in the car yesterday and "Make Me Smile" came on. That's a jam! I could totally see sitting on a blanket at an outdoor park in '79, smoking a J, grooving to this song. I'd never heard this song before! When I think of Chicago I think of "Saturday In the Park" which was okay and then all the big hits from Chicago 17 like "You're the Inspiration" and "Stay the Night". Total sap. Stuff I slow danced to in junior high.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    True....once upon a time, that band did put out some decent tunes. I always liked "25 or 6 to 4".
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    tybird wrote:
    True....once upon a time, that band did put out some decent tunes. I always liked "25 or 6 to 4".

I'll have to check that out. Are they in the Rock and Roll HOF?
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    Wow! One other person posted on my Chicago thread?! Whodathunk?!
  • jezebeloriajezebeloria Posts: 600
    I have always liked them...grew up with my parents listening to them so it brings back some fond memories. However now I work for Uno Chicago Grill and they play a few of their songs on the backround music ALL day long on a rotation. The same few songs all day long... :rolleyes:
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

Finally got that "One for the Thumb"!!! Got the "Six Pack". Now we're on a "Stairway to Seven"

Some words when spoken...can't be taken back.

"Seeing a brick wall straight ahead and stepping on the gas." Eddie...Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    Will you still love me = ownage.
  • Their first few albums are essential rock albums. Jimi Hendrix envied their lead guitar player. The 80's Chicago is a totally different band a'la Aerosmith.
  • tybird wrote:
    One of my favourites. Chicago is a guilty pleasure of mine. My parents had a couple of their albums from the '70s, which I grew up listening to.
    No time to be void or save up on life. You got to spend it all.
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    i love chicago.