Now that Pumpkins mania is upon us

gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
edited April 2007 in Other Music
...let's revisit Zwan. I think it is criminal how this album was overlooked by the press, and especially the fans. I love the Pumpkins, some albums more than others, but if I could rank Zwan along with with all of the Pumpkins I'd put it at #3, just barely behind Melon Collie. The whole album was stellar. Jesus I/Mary Star of the Sea was epic. Now then, how many days until the next Pumpkins album "drops" anyway?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,216
    I did enjoy the Zwan album. The interesting thing was, when I saw Zwan live, they sounded much tighter than the 3 times I had seen the Pumpkins. Can't wait to see how this new Pumpkins thing shakes out...
  • CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    Zwan was definitely underrated, the album was pretty good. I don't think it touched any of the Pumpkins 3 best albums(SD, MCIS, Adore), but it stood up to Machina for sure. I'm still upset they didn't put "Rivers We Can't Cross" on the album, easily their best track.

While we're at it, let's please NOT revisit TheFutureEmbrace, easily one of the 10 worst albums I own, just horrible.
  • There were a lot of good Zwan songs that didn't make the album. Just to name a few:

Chrysanthemum
    Glorius
    Rivers We Can't Cross
    Love Lies in Ruin
    Cast a Stone
    Spilled Milk
    A New Poetry
    Signal This Strong