Lookin' for a Neil Young concert dvd

gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
edited July 2007 in Other Music
What should I get? Let's say I want to get two or three, feel free to rank them. Right now I just have Heart of Gold, which is great, but I'd like some old Crazy Horse shit.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjhabitpjhabit Posts: 211
    is a must have!
    Boise 11/3/00~Fargo 6/15/03~Winnipeg 9/8/05~St. Paul 6/26/06~6/27/06
  • I watched the "Rust Never Sleeps" DVD and it´s awesome, great versions of lot of classics, specially Like a Hurricane and After the Gold Rush..
    ...can´t wear my mask, your first my last...
  • YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    Rust Never Sleeps is essential.
    In Berlin is very cool - from Berlin in October '82 with the Transband. Nils Lofgren is in the band...his last tour with Neil to date.
    Silver And Gold is a nice souvenir of the '99 solo acoustic tour.
    Neil isn't in it for very long, but I also recommend The Last Waltz.
    Year Of The Horse is worth tracking down. It's OOP now. It was directed by Jim Jarmusch.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Rust Never Sleeps definitely.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • augustwestaugustwest Posts: 739
    The live solo acoustic dvd show that came with Greendale is pretty awesome...so is that cd...
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    I'm thinking about getting the RNS DVD, but everything besides the music (the huge props, the little Jawa guys) seem pretty lame. Does that bring down the movie at all?
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • augustwestaugustwest Posts: 739
    DOSW wrote:
    I'm thinking about getting the RNS DVD, but everything besides the music (the huge props, the little Jawa guys) seem pretty lame. Does that bring down the movie at all?

ummmm no!
  • CornishManCornishMan Posts: 447
    Good thread! I've been trying to decide which is the best Neil Young DVD to get as well... looks like it might have to be Rust Never Sleeps! :)
    London #1 2000, Reading 2006, London 2007, London 2009, London 2010, Manchester #1 2012, Manchester #2 2012, Manchester 2012 (EV), Milton Keynes 2014, London #2 2017 (EV), London #1 2018, London #2 2018, London #1 2022, London #2 2022, Manchester 2024.
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    Yep, it sounds like Rust Never Sleeps is the big winner. I'll look for some of the others mentioned too. Thanks for the suggestions! Feel free to keep them coming.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Heart of Gold
    Rust Never Sleeps
    Live in Berlin
    Neil & Friends 99
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22