Radiohead tickets: Real or Fake?

qontheboardqontheboard Posts: 782
edited April 2008 in Other Music
Help!!!!! So I bought a pair of tickets off Ebay for Radiohead in Toronto. The tickets are from "Live Nation" and not from Ticketmaster. I've never purchased tickets from Live Nation so when I opened the package and saw these strange looking tickets I started to get a little freaked out.

So did anyone get their Radiohead tickets for Toronto Aug 15th from Live Nation? What do your tickets look like? Was I burned? Help please.

q
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• hodgehodge Posts: 519
    the molson amp is a live nation venue, i doubt you got burned
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • Bangers_n_mashBangers_n_mash Posts: 1,241
    Live Nation were doing some of the shows I think. Check their sites. You probably wouldn't find a mistake like that on a "real" counterfeit ticket.
    uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹ,ǝʍ 'punoɹ ʎɐʍ ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ ןןɐ s,ʇı
  • qontheboardqontheboard Posts: 782
    The show is a Live Nation show. My concern stems from the fact that I've never seen a Live Nation ticket, plus the tickets don't have a perferated edge on either side, so they look as if they were cut. I'm pretty sure they are fine. Like I said I've never had Live Nation Tickets and without the perferated edge they look not quite right.

q
  • mikesbrimikesbri Posts: 965
    I think you should be ok, they were sold on Live Nation as well as ticketmaster.
    Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    Help!!!!! So I bought a pair of tickets off Ebay for Radiohead in Toronto. The tickets are from "Live Nation" and not from Ticketmaster. I've never purchased tickets from Live Nation so when I opened the package and saw these strange looking tickets I started to get a little freaked out.

So did anyone get their Radiohead tickets for Toronto Aug 15th from Live Nation? What do your tickets look like? Was I burned? Help please.

q
    LiveNation tickets look a lot different than TicketMasters.
    I would be wary of the paper TicketFast tickets. I saw a pair denied at the turnstiles at a Radiohead show. The gal was in tears, claiming she had paid 800 bucks on EBay.
    Life lesson **Hopefully* learned.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    Cosmo wrote:
    LiveNation tickets look a lot different than TicketMasters.
    I would be wary of the paper TicketFast tickets. I saw a pair denied at the turnstiles at a Radiohead show. The gal was in tears, claiming she had paid 800 bucks on EBay.
    Life lesson **Hopefully* learned.

NEVER BUY ticket fast printouts from resellers
    live nation does sell tickets now, so that is not surprising.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,227
    I've had plenty of Live Nation tickets...you should be fine. They're red, right?
  • qontheboardqontheboard Posts: 782
    pjl44 wrote:
    I've had plenty of Live Nation tickets...you should be fine. They're red, right?

Yes. They are red and white sort of like a Canadian Flag. I'm starting to feel better about the tickets, but I won't know for sure until they scan them on the day of the show.

q