W.a.s.t.e. 101

qontheboardqontheboard Posts: 782
edited April 2008 in Other Music
Hey there. Any kind souls who could give me a quick tutorial of how getting Radiohead tickets from W.A.S.T.E. works?

If I'm buying seated tickets, do I see the row# and seat# before I make the purchase?

Will I be able to choose between seats and GA tickets?

Are the tickets mailed to me or are they will call?

Any help is much appreciated and thank you in advance.

q
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    You buy them much like buying through 10c - except you don't have to be a fan club member to get them and you can purchase single seats. You don't get to choose where you're sitting when you buy them but you will get an email a few weeks after purchase with your seat assignment. A couple of weeks after that, you receive your ticket(s) in the mail. Ok, maybe it's NOT much like 10c but it's a pretty simple process.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • are tickets going on sale today?
    "Mike McCready, he isn't from Chicago but I imagine he's Irish"

- Eddie Vedder- 6/18/03

• are tickets going on sale today?

nevermind...I see Apr 9th
    "Mike McCready, he isn't from Chicago but I imagine he's Irish"

- Eddie Vedder- 6/18/03

• CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    DeLukin wrote:
    You buy them much like buying through 10c - except you don't have to be a fan club member to get them and you can purchase single seats. You don't get to choose where you're sitting when you buy them but you will get an email a few weeks after purchase with your seat assignment. A couple of weeks after that, you receive your ticket(s) in the mail. Ok, maybe it's NOT much like 10c but it's a pretty simple process.
    Just to add a little to this...

For the first leg of Radiohead's US tour the GA tickets were all for the pit, those sold out within 10-15 minutes of when they went on sale. The rest are assigned seats, usually pretty good seats, but WASTE doesn't actually know the specific seats until the general public tickets(probably through Ticketmaster) have been on sale for a little while. I think it was 3-5 weeks between purchase and my e-mail notification of what seats I was getting, maybe longer.

Also, they mail them to you but you HAVE to sign for them at your door when they are shipped. I'm not sure how much of a warning you get, they are just now starting to ship out the first leg tickets, but you have to sign for them, if you can't make it then you can go to the store(UPS or FedEx or whatever it is) and sign for them, but they won't leave them on the doorstep.

Finally, most importantly, the WASTE tickets will sell out within an hour, all of them for ever show. Some of the first leg shows were gone within 20 minutes, both pit seating and assigned seats. So be prepared to have the site up all day and refresh every 10 minutes.

Good luck!
  • mikesbrimikesbri Posts: 965
    how close to the actual date of concert do they ship tickets? Do they ship from the UK? Living in Canada everything seems to always take longer.
    Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
    mikesbri wrote:
    how close to the actual date of concert do they ship tickets? Do they ship from the UK? Living in Canada everything seems to always take longer.
    I believe they do ship from the UK, but I'm not 100% on that. They say they ship about a month before the show, the show I'm going to is a month from this week and I've not received my tickets yet, nor have i received the shipping notification e-mail.
  • NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    I'm also trying to gets tickets through W.A.S.T.E. This is already more nerve wracking than a 10 Club ticket sale because A: we have no idea when they will go on sale and B: anyone can order tickets through W.A.S.T.E.

Is it best to keep refreshing on the general ticket site where it says "The ticket site is currently closed" or should I hang on the page for the show I want to go to and keep clicking the W.A.S.T.E. link to go back to it?
    NeilJam wrote:
    I'm also trying to gets tickets through W.A.S.T.E. This is already more nerve wracking than a 10 Club ticket sale because A: we have no idea when they will go on sale and B: anyone can order tickets through W.A.S.T.E.

Is it best to keep refreshing on the general ticket site where it says "The ticket site is currently closed" or should I hang on the page for the show I want to go to and keep clicking the W.A.S.T.E. link to go back to it?
    I used the general ticket page, all of the shows will pop up there when they go one sale and they will have new links to buy the tickets.
  • momofglynnmomofglynn Posts: 849
    Does anyone know what time of day they will go on? Or is that part of the mystery? I am home during the day so that's not a problem. I just want some sort of window
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    momofglynn wrote:
    Does anyone know what time of day they will go on? Or is that part of the mystery? I am home during the day so that's not a problem. I just want some sort of window

It always varies......I've waited up until 3am pacific time, only to miss it when it went on sale at 4am cuz I got too tired!

Their office is located in the UK, so they must have a chuckle when they put it onsale at some odd hour in the U.S.!
    momofglynn wrote:
    It's part of the mystery, they do it because there are a ton of people waiting to scalp Radiohead tickets, they'll be on sale for 150%+ face value within minutes of them going on sale.

For reference, they put the first leg of the US tour on sale at 9 AM eastern time. Not that it means anything, but that's what happened. You might want to check a Radiohead message board tonight, a radio station somewhere leaked that 9 AM sale time for the first leg, maybe the same thing has happened for these upcoming tickets.