It's Baba O'Riley! Not Teenage Wasteland!

tribejammer05tribejammer05 Posts: 696
edited July 2008 in Other Music
Here's an excerpt from the AP recap of The Who rock honors:

"The Who wowed the packed audience with such tunes as "Teenage Wasteland," "The Seeker," "My Generation," "Two Thousand Years," "Batman" and "Who Are You." Townshend stopped the band in the middle of performing "Won't Get Fooled Again" because of an issue with his speaker and later started the song over from the beginning. Daltry and Townshend closed the show with "Tea and Theatre."

It bothers me so much when people call the song Teenage Wasteland, especially the AP.

IT'S BABA O'RILEY. I AM THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS THIS?! I FEEL LIKE I'M TAKING CRAZY PILLS!
"There's a $10,000 bill in it for you."
"Oh yeah? Which president's on it?"
"Uh, all of them. They're having a party. Jimmy Carter's passed out on the couch."

Columbus 2000
Columbus 2003
Hershey 2003
Toledo 2004
Cincinnati 2006
Chicago/Lollapalooza 2007
Columbus 2010
Chicago/Wrigley 2013
Pittsburgh 2013
Portland 2013
Cincinnati 2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    AP as in Associated Press or AP as in Alternative Press the magazine? Either way they should be ashamed of themselves.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Not to mention they stopped in the middle of You Better You Bet, not Won't Get Fooled Again.
  • pateljampateljam Posts: 340
    Its funny I asked my 12 year old what was his favorite song from last night and he said "Teenage Wasteland"... I guess that can be forgiven... but the AP getting it wrong is just stupid
    2000-10-28 San Bernardino
    2003-06-02 Irvine
    2003-10-26 Mountain View-Bridge School
    2006-07-09 Los Angeles
    2006-07-10 Los Angeles
    2006-10-22 Mountain View- Bridge School
    2008-07-19 UCLA-Who Rock Honors
    2009-10-1 Los Angeles-2
    2009-10-9 San Diego
  • The press is stupid and archaic.

They still refer to Pearl Jam as a grunge band. So that just goes to show you what year they are living in.
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • thats funny i just read the same article and they must have corrected it

The Who wowed the packed audience with such tunes as "Baba O'Riley," "The Seeker," "My Generation," "Two Thousand Years," "Batman" and "Who Are You." Townshend stopped the band in the middle of performing "Won't Get Fooled Again" because of an issue with his speaker and later started the song over from the beginning. Daltrey and Townshend closed the show with "Tea and Theatre." - Associated Press
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    Don't cry...don't raise your eyes...it's only a Baba O'Riely...
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,854
    tglass6105 wrote:

"The Who wowed the packed audience with such tunes as "Teenage Wasteland," "The Seeker," "My Generation," "Two Thousand Years," "Batman" and "Who Are You." Townshend stopped the band in the middle of performing "Won't Get Fooled Again" because of an issue with his speaker and later started the song over from the beginning. Daltry and Townshend closed the show with "Tea and Theatre."

It bothers me so much when people call the song Teenage Wasteland, especially the AP.

IT'S BABA O'RILEY. I AM THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS THIS?! I FEEL LIKE I'M TAKING CRAZY PILLS!

no, it's Teenage Wasteland
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    thats funny i just read the same article and they must have corrected it

The Who wowed the packed audience with such tunes as "Baba O'Riley," "The Seeker," "My Generation," "Two Thousand Years," "Batman" and "Who Are You." Townshend stopped the band in the middle of performing "Won't Get Fooled Again" because of an issue with his speaker and later started the song over from the beginning. Daltrey and Townshend closed the show with "Tea and Theatre." - Associated Press

and it's still wrong because pete stopped you better you bet
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    tglass6105 wrote:

I read that article with a smirk for the "Teenage Wasteland", the naming the wrong song that they stopped and started over and for the picture of Dave Grohl with the caption "Taylor Hawkins" underneath.

Go whoever wrote that article for your journalism education is priceless.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    i got drunk and forgot to watch this... wanted to punch myself in the face when i came onto the Message Pit this morning.
  • Blind MelonBlind Melon Posts: 911
    It hasn't aired on TV yet.. unless you actually had tickets. It's on Thursday, I'm not sure what time.
    If I could, think I would give in.