Puddle of Mudd - Any good live?

restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
edited February 2008 in Other Music
My GF's dad gave us Puddle Of Mudd at the Commodore tickets for christmas. Pretty cool gift, cuz he knows how we love concerts, but Im not into these guys. I only know drift and die and she hates me.

anybody seen em? how are they and whats their new music like?
Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Do you own a fireplace?
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • Do you own a fireplace?

LOL
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,845
    It is always fun to make fun of a band that has had a hit last longer on the radio than any Pearl Jam song since 1996 (besides last Kiss). Go to the show and have a good time.
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    It is always fun to make fun of a band that has had a hit last longer on the radio than any Pearl Jam song since 1996 (besides last Kiss). Go to the show and have a good time.

What does that have to do with anything?
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • My dad saw them recently and said they were really good.

I actually like them, though I may be only 1 of about 3 people here that do. Their new CD doesn't have as many hard songs as the others do, but they have a good mix of stuff - slow, heavy, mid-tempo... Drift and Die is like how most of their songs are, at least more so than She Hates Me...
    Stone Gossard...riffmeister extraordinaire!

I am a man, I am advanced.....I am the first man to borrow Stone's leather pants!
  • Sell 'em.
    Austin City Limits - Oct 04, 2009
  • a5pja5pj Posts: 3,882
    they put on a good show, def go and see them. and yes their music isn't quite up to par with pj, but they have a lot of energy and interaction with the crowd. Just have fun :)
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,273
    My GF's dad gave us Puddle Of Mudd at the Commodore tickets for christmas. Pretty cool gift, cuz he knows how we love concerts, but Im not into these guys. I only know drift and die and she hates me.

anybody seen em? how are they and whats their new music like?

saw them a few yrs back at roseland ny it was ok the chick who took her top off made it a bit more amusing .....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • thanks a bunch for the advice. selling them is out of the question...so i think we will just go and make the best of it.

i used to love drift and die when it came out, so who knows, could be good....
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Do you own a fireplace?

Hahahahaha!
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    saw them a few yrs back at roseland ny it was ok the chick who took her top off made it a bit more amusing .....

Wow, when my mom told me she did that, I though she was kidding!
    :)
  • just got back from the show and i have to say that YES, it was actually quite good. wow. i am surprised how much i found myself nodding along. he really, really reminds me of kurt up there, with the golden locks and the voice. drift and die, famous and psycho were standouts. really great. pleasantly impressed.
  • a5pja5pj Posts: 3,882
    just got back from the show and i have to say that YES, it was actually quite good. wow. i am surprised how much i found myself nodding along. he really, really reminds me of kurt up there, with the golden locks and the voice. drift and die, famous and psycho were standouts. really great. pleasantly impressed.

glad you liked it, come to think of it, it funny you say he reminds you of kurt, when i saw them i think that they did a nirvana cover.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• my friend is all the time talking about this band ,so just out curiosity I listened them and they are really good
    "You're the eve of my destruction in the garden of fears"