Elizabeth - New Band From Vancouver

restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
edited September 2007 in Other Music
They are worth checking out. Ive seen them open for Hot Hot Heat, Metric, DFA 1979. They are fantastic live. Guitarist is very atmospheric like Mike can be.

Here is what the released today. I've been waiting 3yrs for news on this album. I have the promo copy of the album already. Ive met and sort of know these guys. We got to the same shows and they are always around.

ANYWAYS, if you get a chance, check em out March 20th!
Pop Echo Records News Release

First Excommunications, the debut LP from Vancouver quartet Elizabeth, will be released on Edmonton indie label Pop Echo Records on March 20, 2007.

Elizabeth was formed in the winter of 2002 by brothers Reggie and Paul Gill (vocals/guitars and drums respectively), bassist Rory O'Sullivan and guitarist Davor Katinic. Elizabeth made its mark opening for a number of renowned Canadian and international acts, including The Organ, Death from Above 1979, T.V. on the Radio and Franz Ferdinand. In 2004, following triumphant festival performances at Pop Montreal and North By Northeast, the band unleashed a self-released EP that solidified them as one of Vancouver's most promising, and most contentious, buzz bands. First Excommunications was recorded in July 2006 at The Hive studios and produced by Jesse Gander and Elizabeth.

A western mini-tour to mark the CD release is in the works, as is an early summer United Kingdom jaunt. First Excommunications will be available in Canada on CD through Scratch Distribution and worldwide in digital form, including iTunes, through IODA (http://www.iodalliance.com).

For more information and updates, visit popecho.com, myspace.com/popechorecords, and elizabethelizabeth.ca. For audio samples, visit myspace.com/elizabeth.
Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• anybody pick up excommuincations yet? any reviews?
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24