Pete Townshend - Empty Glass

restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
edited January 2007 in Other Music
what an album, AGREE? or what
i love it all especially i am an animal.....let my love open the door is classic.
got this album for like 2 bucks at a flea market on vinyl....such a pleasant surprise.
great songwriter...if you havent heard it get it!
Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Agree........however I probably lean a little more to "All The Best Cowboys Have Chinese Eyes."
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Empty Glass is probably the greatest untapped Who project. That being said it's probably Pete's best solo work.

q
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    Empty Glass is probably the greatest untapped Who project. That being said it's probably Pete's best solo work.

q

i totally agree with you, it is just so solid from start to finish...
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    Some things about this album I find neat. He used the band Big Country before they had their big song as his backing band. Well most of em. And the quote about Remy Martin making the stuff too expense and that is what saved his life. Toss in Jules and Jim and hey, a super mix.
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • such an awesome cd, indeed.

i wish pete would release the dvd of white city...i miss having that...i cant find my vhs tape!
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    still loving this thing
  • E.BloomE.Bloom Posts: 188
    It`s a great album..I love the keyboard on "and I moved"..And "rough boys" its such a great song..And cat`s in the cupboard..amazing! Best solo album from pete
    we were but stones,your light made us stars

Dublin 06
    London 07