Ashevile anyone?

rssesqrssesq Posts: 3,299
edited May 2007 in Other Music
Anyone else score tix for the residency shows. I was so happy just to get a pair for Saturday.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• serpent boyserpent boy Posts: 372
    I got 1 ticket to Friday 6/29 and Saturday 6/30. I'm thrilled! Now I just need to find a cheap, safe hotel.

I'm also heading to the Virgin Festival in August. This is going to be a Pumpkins summer (until Queens of the Stone Age announces some shows in the U.S.).
    00: Va Beach, 03: Bristow, 04: Reading, 05: Atlantic City 2x
    06: Camden, Washington DC, 08: Va Beach, Washington DC
    09: Philly 2+3, 10: Bristow, 11: East Troy PJ20 1+2, 13: Baltimore, Charlottesville
  • edderlyjedderlyj Posts: 72
    I'll be there the 29th and 30th. Nowhere to stay, but I'm sure camping on a mountain top wouldn't be bad (as long as you bring a flash light to find your way back in the dark). I'm glad that they're doing the willcall-and-walk-in with the tix! Fuck the scalpers finally!!!!

FYI: QOTSA is playing the Murat Theater in Indy on August 4th--still seats available!
  • CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,824
    I scored two pairs to July 2nd and 3rd! Cannot wait! Should be a great show. Check out the new single on AOL music, "Tarantula". It's pretty good! Those of you who haven't been to Asheville are in for a treat. Great food, great hiking, horseback riding, and the Biltmore!
  • edderlyj wrote:
    I'll be there the 29th and 30th. Nowhere to stay, but I'm sure camping on a mountain top wouldn't be bad (as long as you bring a flash light to find your way back in the dark). I'm glad that they're doing the willcall-and-walk-in with the tix! Fuck the scalpers finally!!!!

FYI: QOTSA is playing the Murat Theater in Indy on August 4th--still seats available!

There are a ton of Hotels in Hickory just down the road about 40 miles east?
    Thinking I might try a "show up and find a ticket...???"
  • June 30th!!
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • pathorsespathorses Posts: 319
    I got 1 ticket to Friday 6/29 and Saturday 6/30. I'm thrilled! Now I just need to find a cheap, safe hotel.

I'm also heading to the Virgin Festival in August. This is going to be a Pumpkins summer (until Queens of the Stone Age announces some shows in the U.S.).

FYI: there are only 3 hotels in downtown Asheville but one is a Days Inn (Patton Avenue?) and it's cheap and safe. Not extravagent, but it's plenty good enough. Walking distance and everything. Cool town, you'll love it!
    Peace,
    Pat
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
  • PorchsitterPorchsitter Posts: 1,069
    I going June 26th. Can't wait. Should be interesting.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • whulmefwhulmef Posts: 176
    whoa whoa whoa now,
    whatcha saying boys,
    PJ is playing in ashville nc this june ?????
    ahh serious if so Ill be hanging out
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    I thought about it, but it's too far...

It's a great idea though. Wish I could go.
  • rssesqrssesq Posts: 3,299
    Kenny Olav wrote:
    I thought about it, but it's too far...

It's a great idea though. Wish I could go.

Im driving down from CT so beanertown aint too far
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    pathorses wrote:
    FYI: there are only 3 hotels in downtown Asheville but one is a Days Inn (Patton Avenue?) and it's cheap and safe. Not extravagent, but it's plenty good enough. Walking distance and everything. Cool town, you'll love it!
    Peace,
    Pat

Yep i stay at the Days in on Patton. It is in downtown. Walking distance to the venue (.55 miles) Great place to walk to the bars and then home after the show. there is actually a cool bar almost across the street from it called Jack of the wood.

i just booked my hotel for the July 5th show and it was 65 bucks for the night. Now i think if it is a Fri Sat or Sun night it is more like 95 (maybe less i priced it for 4 people in the room)

I would not call the place a complete dump but it's far from the Ritz. I have always felt safe there though. I stayed there for the Pearl jam show in 04 and The Wilco show there in 06 (might have been 05).
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • the 23rd and the 5th. woo!
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    rssesq wrote:
    Im driving down from CT so beanertown aint too far

yeah, i could do it. i've driven to tallahassee before. but that was when gas was 85 cents a gallon. in 1999.

but it's not just the cost. it's simply an exhausting drive, even split over two days. for pearl jam i might do it.
  • If anyone has any leads on Ben Harper tix, Asheville, June 13th, Orange Peel, let me know. The Pumpkins shows were widely advertised locally, but I didn't hear a thing about the BH show. FYI....I live in Asheville....Thanks if you can help. And thanks, too, if you don't post something mean or hurtful........
    Protecting the democracy that we ask our sons and daughters to die for is our responsibility and our trust. Demanding accountability from our leaders is our job as citizens. It's the American way. -Bruce Springsteen
  • sadprofessorsadprofessor Posts: 1,034
    30th and the 2nd...
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • rssesqrssesq Posts: 3,299
    If anyone has any leads on Ben Harper tix, Asheville, June 13th, Orange Peel, let me know. The Pumpkins shows were widely advertised locally, but I didn't hear a thing about the BH show. FYI....I live in Asheville....Thanks if you can help. And thanks, too, if you don't post something mean or hurtful........

I also was pissed to not hear about Ben playin the peel. Try Ben's meesage board.
  • Brain of mJBrain of mJ Posts: 786
    rssesq wrote:
    I also was pissed to not hear about Ben playin the peel. Try Ben's meesage board.

I saw Ben and TIC play the peel back in 05 and it was a great show for an intimate venue like the Orange Peel.