Nirvana ~ Live! Tonight! Sold Out!!

AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
edited October 2007 in Other Music
Just got the DVD version and what a compilation.

It really shows how great and original they were!

Too bad Kurdt did what he did. I miss his music........
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Best concert video I have seen
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • blacknapkinsblacknapkins Posts: 2,176
    This is a really good DVD!
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • yeah Nirvana:cool:

never seen the DVD though:(
    I don't want to be the fool that's behind me but I am...

I'll Hold The Pain... Release...

Yourself
  • Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    Best concert video I have seen

How many have you seen, and how much do you like Nirvana?
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    How many have you seen, and how much do you like Nirvana?

Lots, probably in my top 10 bands
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    I thought it was ok, it's not great, but it's not a bad dvd either. :o :eek: (takes cover and starts running)

The version of "come as you are" was dissapointing. Love that song, but Kurt shreaked the lyrics out on it, and made it suck.

Smells like teen spirit was also kinda weird cause again Kurt was messing around.

I do love the raw footage though. A friend of mine was at the show from Dallas, where Kurt gets in a brawl with that bouncer. I think Kurt hit the guard with the guitar.

I thought Nirvana's reading festival 92 show is much better.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    Yeah CAYA and SLTS are really disappointing in that vid/dvd.... but at the same time, pretty funny.

That fight with the guard was crazy, he was huge and kurt was so small. Dave was pretty rapid at jumping over the drum kit when the fight kicked off an all.
  • Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    Lots, probably in my top 10 bands

Oh....
  • G-Man23 wrote:
    Just got the DVD version and what a compilation.

It really shows how great and original they were!

Too bad Kurdt did what he did. I miss his music........
    I never seen the dvd and I miss his music and I miss him too .Nirvana is one of the best bands ever ( for me )
    "You're the eve of my destruction in the garden of fears"
  • This is the video TB2K should've been. I love all the behind the scenes stuff and they played an awesome version of Something in the Way. Never heard it heavy before.
  • Being a broke ass I should be able to just pick it up. I ordered from someone on Amazon and it came in as a Region 2. I returned it and haven't purchased another copy. I am too young to have seen them live. Should I buy this DVD?
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Should I buy this DVD?
    Yes.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    danny72688 wrote:
    This is the video TB2K should've been. I love all the behind the scenes stuff and they played an awesome version of Something in the Way. Never heard it heavy before.

TB2K is perfect. this is the dvd live at the garden should have been. it is the video immagne in cornice is.
  • hguz73hguz73 Posts: 245
    I never had the chance to see Nirvana on a stage and this (in part) is why i found this a great dvd. The beauty of it relies in the fact that the tracks chosen in the dvd are not the "best" version of each song, flawless songs are far from being shown here...which at the end shows how raw the sound of Nirvana was at a concert (example : Come As You Are as quoted before). Some clips even have a low-def, but the the vibe in them is just breath taking...a clear example of this is Love Buzz..the cheap light effects, the crowd mosh, the loud sound, etc. Definetely this is not the regular live show dvd and that is the answer for tagging this dvd as a unique piece.
  • TB2K is perfect. this is the dvd live at the garden should have been. it is the video immagne in cornice is.
    I always thought Live at the Garden was perfect. IIC is too artsy in my opinion, I like it still though.

TB2K with behind the scenes stuff inbetween would've been perfect :)
  • those are two of things that make the DVD great...considering that video is over 10 years old, it's nearly perfect...
    red mos wrote:
    I thought it was ok, it's not great, but it's not a bad dvd either. :o :eek: (takes cover and starts running)

The version of "come as you are" was dissapointing. Love that song, but Kurt shreaked the lyrics out on it, and made it suck.

Smells like teen spirit was also kinda weird cause again Kurt was messing around.

I do love the raw footage though. A friend of mine was at the show from Dallas, where Kurt gets in a brawl with that bouncer. I think Kurt hit the guard with the guitar.

I thought Nirvana's reading festival 92 show is much better.
    I'll dig a tunnel
    from my window to yours